“Disappointing ”

Cuisines: British
Milford haven
“Disappointing ”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Saundersfoot for the weekend and weren't sure where was the best place to eat, saw The Hean Castle was fairly busy so we decided to go there. The music was very loud and interior was dark, suited for a night out, not a restaurant. Woman's toilet wasn't very clean with flies hovering around. Menu was affordable but found that the food quality was poor. Ordered ribs and they fell apart instantly, makes me wonder how long they'd been there. No sign of their food hygiene rating anywhere. Service was ok but overall the we were disappointed and would not recommend to eat out here.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We went to this pub for a meal and a pint . I went up to the bar and ordered the food and drink , and tried to pay but was informed I could not pay with a debit card . Once again while in Wales certain establishment are stuck in the past with the way you pay . I found the pub interior very dark , dreary and old fashioned . The menu uninspiring and very dated. Considering the adverts on telly for Wales, I think that some areas of Wales is very much shut to tourists.
When my wife went to the toilets she shut the door with a broken lock then had trouble trying to get out of the cubicle.

“Warm & Welcoming!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, friendly Landlord and a meal that was great value for money! The quirky interior may not appeal to everyone but honestly the hospitality couldn't have been more welcoming. Our food was delivered quickly and the quality was excellent I'm sure we'll return in the future.

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Pie and Beer”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a good place for an ale and steak pie and chips at a moderate price of £8. They had a wide range of dishes including Indian food as well as the traditional pub grub. It was situated in the middle of the village and there was a nice friendly pub atmosphere there.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank arfonr
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Poor service Food overpriced”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Went into the hean castle pub today as it was lunch time and the kids were hungry. Went inside and sat down to look at the menu which I did not find particularly inspiring. Eventually went to the bar and stood and ordered drinks and sandwiches whilst the bar person was pouring them he dropped a glass to which he swore and whilst he was doing the drinks I had stood there the whole time holding my credit to which he then said oh we don't take card but there is a cash point across the road. Got cash and returned to find the bar man on his mobile the whole time. When I was ordering my food there was a family waiting to order who got fed up of waiting for the bar man to acknowledge them that they left.
The food arrived after about 15 minutes we ordered two tuna mayo sandwiches two cheese and onion toasters a bowl of chips two half Guinness and a diet come and j20 and came to £29. To be honest the sandwiches were ok as we're the chips. I know the place is old but it smelt musty and it was drab. Wish we had gone elsewhere especially as the customer service was not up to much even the waitress could not manage a smile. I think some finesse is needed on the food for the price and improvement on customer service. Would not recommend go elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013