“Good food, good price, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hean Castle

The Hean Castle
Ranked #24 of 31 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Good food, good price, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Finding a place to eat with 2 kids is sometimes difficult, money wise, menu wise and location wise. The Hean ticked all the boxes for me & my family whilst staying in Saundersfoot. It doesn't put itself out there as a trendy place but it provides good food at a good affordable price. Plenty of families eating in there, so I'm not the only one to think so and I would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2014

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Appearences can be deceptive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Exterior is a bit daunting and dark inside, the food is lovely though, the grandchildren ate their meals with gusto, my husband and I enjoyed our meals immensley

Visited July 2014
Bridgend
“Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice service every one is warm and welcoming even the cute pug interior is dated but hey what do u expect food was good usual pub grub would visit her again the guy serving is very polite thanks all

3 Thank Lloyd797
Milford haven
“Disappointing ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Saundersfoot for the weekend and weren't sure where was the best place to eat, saw The Hean Castle was fairly busy so we decided to go there. The music was very loud and interior was dark, suited for a night out, not a restaurant. Woman's toilet wasn't very clean with flies hovering around. Menu was affordable but found that the food quality was poor. Ordered ribs and they fell apart instantly, makes me wonder how long they'd been there. No sign of their food hygiene rating anywhere. Service was ok but overall the we were disappointed and would not recommend to eat out here.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We went to this pub for a meal and a pint . I went up to the bar and ordered the food and drink , and tried to pay but was informed I could not pay with a debit card . Once again while in Wales certain establishment are stuck in the past with the way you pay . I found the pub interior very dark , dreary and old fashioned . The menu uninspiring and very dated. Considering the adverts on telly for Wales, I think that some areas of Wales is very much shut to tourists.
When my wife went to the toilets she shut the door with a broken lock then had trouble trying to get out of the cubicle.