“Disappointing”

The Argosy Fish & Chip Shop
Ranked #23 of 41 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Fish had couple of bones and skin on.Small portion of chips,gravy nice.No peas or cheese & onion pasty left.Staff not the friendliest.

2  Thank HUGBOOK

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had the curry sauce with chips here and it was the best curry sauce we had ever tasted. Only downside was the seagulls hanging around outside for scraps!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We got take away to eat on the harbour for our last night in Saundersfoot. We have eaten here in the past and know it to be your simple fish and chips, not upmarket like the Marina. Have to say we really enjoyed our meal (fish & chips, pie & chips and fishcake & chips plus a curry sauce). My husband actually preferred it to the Marina restaurant we'd used earlier in the week. Big thumbs up for the curry sauce. Toddler wolfed down the fishcake. Half the price of the Marina too so good for a family on a budget. We'll be back next year.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

£1.70 for a handful of stale, overcooked, brown pieces of potato and some old pieces of fish batter mixed in. Even the seagulls wouldn't touch them. If ever there was an establishment that Pembrokeshire's Trading Standards should look at and close down then this is it.
Disgraceful!

2  Thank koasters
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was really looking forward to a lovely piece of fish, being on the coast in a hugely recommended town, but it wasn't to be. The young lady who served us was extremely pleasant, and efficient, and I ordered a simple, basic plate of fish and chips. My wife, who wasn't very hungry, just ordered a jam scone and cream. When my fish and chips arrived (very quickly, but then the restaurant was empty) it looked lovely. But sadly it wasn't. I cut into the fish to find it still had the skin on, but worse, it was full of bones. While a few of the chips were fresh, the majority had that sort of bite that tells you they've been cooked for some time. My wife's scone was no better. It was served with "squirty" cream and was approaching stale. I'd love to think it was a one-off experience, but I have a sneaking suspicion it wasn't.

1  Thank James-E-Wilson