“Cold pies”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Cold pies”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just back from a trip to Saundersfoot where we had pie and chips from this Bayside chippy, we have eaten there about 3 maybe 4 yrs ago and it was ok so we didn't hesitate about calling there today , but we wouldn't go there again , it was about 12.30 pm and on the board outside says `All day breakfast ` When I asked they said they had finished serving them so my husband and I opted for pie and chips , We took one bite of the pies and had to send them back due to them both being cold inside , and the chips were dry, hard and tasteless so I tried putting on more vinegar but that was watered down so it was a waste of time. and most of them went in the bin behind us. This place needs a dam good clean and some painting to bring it up to standard .

• Visited May 2014

“Good fish and chips for cheap”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We came here for a cheap lunch, whilst on holiday in Saundersfoot for a week.

Yes the decor is very dated, it needs a good paint and needs to be completely de cluttered and gimmicky.

BUT the lady who served us was friendly and went out of her way to serve our fish and chips ( from the takeaway) onto plates for us.

You don't have to pay for sauces ( which you seem to everywhere else!!) And the fish and chips were actually very good. They were better than the other fish and chips we had from the fish and chip place slightly in front and for 1/2 the price.

We shall be returning. It seems to be where all the locals go too.

1 Thank Pastryk
Ebbw Vale, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best fish cakes ever.”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Have eaten here a few times. First appearance from the outside is not good. Inside is small an often there are no seats available. But the food is really good. Descent size portions. The curry sauce is good but the fishcake are excellent. The staff will check everything is ok and ask if you want more. Would certainly suggest using this chippy rather than the other one opposite the arcade.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Chris M
Brecon, United Kingdom
“Friendly to Veggies!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Being vegan, I'm not really used to getting good service in food establishments, so when I arrived in the Bayside Chippy with my family, I was prepared to go hungry. Luckily, my mother asked the (lovely) girl behind the counter if she could cook something up for me.

The chef changed the oil especially and delivered a delicious meal of tomatoes, beans, hash browns, mushrooms and toast, which doesn't sound like much, but to a vegan, this is a miracle. It was delicious too.

So if there are any vegans or veggies checking out the confusingly low reviews on here, give it a try. I'm glad that I did.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tillyvanilly
Aberdare, United Kingdom
“Awful never seen so many green chips”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Made the mistake of buying chips here in may.

The 95% of the chips were green even the seagulls would have turned them down.

Staff have no concept of customer care and the place is run down. Such a shame given its close proximity to the harbour.

• Visited May 2013