“Different and unusual.”

Cuisines: American, Portuguese, Spanish, Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

As we were visiting the area on hols with kids we thought we'd try this as it got such good reviews. We were disappointed. The format was unusual. A table was made up for us (even though there was plenty empty!). We were told to go through and find our table and then we were left. I asked a barman for a menu and was told there wasnt one - its a set sunday carvery. He went and got a waitress. she gave us the choice of fruit juice or soup for starters (!) the carvery for main, then crumble, eton mess or lemon cheesecake (see photo) for pud. The high point was the choice of meats (turkey, pork, beef and gammon), although the accompanying veg was all quite soft and over cooked. Desert was on another level - never experienced a pudding like that! Lemon cheesecake in a glass! I think the lemon element was straight from a jar of lemon curd, the remaining mixture is still unknown! Enough said. We won't be visiting again!

2  Thank Trustams
There are newer reviews for Jan'z Restaurant

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Went for Sunday lunch, after recommendation by a close family member and it was one of the best we have had in pembrokeshire, good choice on the carvery foods loads of choices , staff were very helpful and pleasant and smiled , and you could not beat the value for money this also was great , will definitely go back again and again.

2  Thank christon c
Reviewed 28 October 2013

have been here about 4 times in a couple months, tips def must be hungry and although its very hard to resit the homemade soup you must we havent managed it yet thou, the carvery is great lots choose from and the desserts are equally as huge 3 courses £10.95 fab dont change anything except roast parsnips everytime

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Went for Sunday lunch, after recommendation and it was one of the best we have had, good choice on the carvery, staff were very helpful and pleasant, and you could not beat the value for money, will definitely go back.

1  Thank Janette L
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I've been going here for years for my Sunday carvery,and during the season for the odd meal..
I am called (victor mel drew) as a running joke with my friends because I always find something to moan about..
But they are shocked when we eat in Janz because I have never ever had cause for complaint..
The staff are very attentative the food as absolutely amazing proper cooked food just like mums Sunday roast.
No frozen rubbish here all freshly prepared on the morning ...I promise you guys you will not be disappointed if you eat here..
It gets really busy in the season so I advise you to book early,but if not they will still do all they can to get you a table...
And unlike other establishments they don't rush you because they need the table take your time and enjoy your meal in peace..the beer gardens both front and back are immaculate ... On summing up just try it you will go back for more..

1  Thank richie b