“Stunning Location for Coast”
Review of Coast Saundersfoot

Coast Saundersfoot
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Price range: US$43 - US$57
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We want all our guests to be happy with their whole experience at Coast. Achieving such a simple aim isn't easy of course. But we are working hard to make it happen. Our beautiful new purpose built restaurant is right on the shoreline - just metres away from the lovely golden sands of Coppet Hall. You'll have unrivalled views of sea and sky. Using, wherever possible, locally sourced Pembrokeshire ingredients, Will Holland and his team prepare dishes with skill, experience, creativity and a good dollop of style. At Coast we pride ourselves on offering a unique combination of informal and professional service. We want you to feel welcomed and relaxed.
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning Location for Coast”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently visited Saundersfoot and stumbled upon the Coast restaurant. It was a hot sunny day and the views across the bay are stunning. Lots of glass to take in the view and a high spacious decked area outside to take in the sun but with generous sunshades if needed. Tables have lots of room between them outside so with young children we did not impose on others enjoyment.
The service was excellent. With two 'young ones', dining can be taxing but with a mixture of multiple nibbles, starters and then the adults main course the staff ensured that food arrived in sensible order and timing to keep the children happy. The informality was engaging with staff happy to inform and enlighten.
But a restaurant is nothing without good food and Coast did not disappoint. We feasted on prawn, squid, crab, pigs ears, welsh ribeye and pan fried sea trout. Everything was seasoned to perfection and the chips were heavenly. Everything was perfect.
Their garlic butter was so good that I cheekily emailed Coast for the recipe, not expecting a chef to share his secret but Will replied personally and I thank him publically for that.
Well done to all. I will definitely revisit. My steak was heavenly.

NDK14, Manager at Coast Saundersfoot, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Allan,

We are delighted to read you had such a wonderful time at Coast with your family.

Our Head Chef Will Holland was pleased to hear your thoughts regarding the food & is only too happy to pass on his recipe for the garlic butter.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Coast very soon.

Warm Regards
Reception and Guest Relations Manager

Bristol, United Kingdom
“They can't even be bothered to reply to an email or phone call...”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I spent the last week on holiday in the area and wanted to book a table for my family to dine for lunch on Saturday. 4 weeks before our holiday I sent an email asking to book a table, no reply.

2 weeks ago I sent a further email. No reply.

Last Wednesday at 15:00 I called and was told that I could not book a table because the manager was in a meeting, does the manager have to book all tables?.

I was told that the manager would call me back, they didn't.

Awful service, suppose I should be glad I didn't have to endure a meal there.

6 Thank Gareth L
NDK14, Manager at Coast Saundersfoot, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi Gareth,

Thank you for highlighting the problem with your dealings with my Reception and Guest Relations Team in making your reservation.

We do regularly check email responses to make sure that we have answered them and even have a dedicated team dealing with reservations and so this is a significant mistake on my part. All I can do is sincerely apologise for the failure in dealing with your communications with us. We will learn from this and have already put measures in place to ensure this doesn't happen again.

We very much hope you do try us again.

Regards,
Reception and Guest Relations Manager
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Pembrokeshire”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was delighted when I read that Will Holland was opening a restaurant in Saundersfoot. I took my three grandchildren there last week when we were staying nearby. having eaten Will's food many times when he was in Ludlow I knew it would be good.
The setting, the service and the food was all top class. My grandchildren had their own menu and they ate everything!
I wish Will and his team all the very best and I look forward to returning next year for our annual visit to Saundesfoot. < I wish I lived nearer, I would become a regular! >
Angela

NDK14, Manager at Coast Saundersfoot, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Angela,

Wow, thank you for taking the time to add your kind comments on Tripadvisor, it really is much appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you all next year.

Pamela
Reception & Guest Relations.
“Destination Dining at Coppet Hall”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Well done to the team behind Coast restaurant, it is the restaurant that Saundersfoot has needed for a long time. My wife and I ate there for our wedding anniversary and had a very nice supper. Ignore the negative comments there will always be some people who don't get it. We will certainly visit again.

1 Thank Mark B
NDK14, Owner at Coast Saundersfoot, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your Wedding Anniversary Celebration with us.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reception & Guest Relations Manager
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Brunch with a view”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Went for brunch at 10:00 one morning and was absolutely blown away. The kippers were excellent and well worth the diversion out of Saundersfoot. Have been back since and had the Haddock which was equally as good. Would recommend to anyone. Views are also stunning.

NDK14, Manager at Coast Saundersfoot, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Steve.
Thank you for taking the time to review Coast on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your experience so much. Our Head Chef Will Holland has carefully selected a great selection of brunch dishes and we are pleased that you are working your way through them.

We look forward to your next brunch with us.

Reception & Guest Relations Manager