“Fabulous family weekend :)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pickering
Forest Holidays Keldy, North Yorkshire
GreenLeadersSilver level
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous family weekend :)”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Have just returned from a long weekend at Keldy. Booked a copper beech lodge but was upgraded on booking in to a lodge with a hot tub and a log fire :) this completely made our weekend .... The children ( aged 4 and 6) weren't too sure who to love most ... AJ with his junior ranger activities and walk through the forest, Bella his beautiful Labrador or the hot tub !!!!! All the staff , in particular Leanne and AJ were kind, friendly and made a huge effort with the children to make their visit even more special . A wonderful memory making weekend for all of us in a peaceful and tranquil setting .

1 Thank Lisa M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just got back from 4 nights at Keldy with my 2 boys. What a great time we have had. Our cabin (number 24) was fabulous. Very clean and the decor and fittings all of an excellent standard. The hot tub was wondeful and great on a night time to relax in whilst watching the sun go down and eventually the stars. Beds were very comfortable! Bathroom lovely especially the subdued lighting. Loved the feeling of space and the huge windows with fantastic views of the forest.
We can highly recommend the twilight walk with AJ. What a great guy with a wealth of knowledge. Kids loved it and we had the priviledge of seeing several deer at very close proximity.
As a family that has always been a Center Parcs fan we were surpised how much we actually preferred this holiday. The cabin was by far superior to the exclusive ones we have stayed at CP and although there was no swimming pool or range of activities we enjoyed the relaxing feel of Keldy and making our own entertainment with cycle rides and plenty of walks. I also felt it was a very safe enviroment for the kids and enjoyed the freedom they could have.
Staff were all excellent. Well done forest holidays for your excellent customer service. Everyone we dealt with were great from delivering our logs to instantly coming to sort out or DVD. Thankyou!!
We will be back... and are already planning our next trip hopefully bringing friends too.

1 Thank JuMcC99
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Keldy, North Yorkshire, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent break with us at Keldy. I am delighted that you enjoyed your holiday, particularly as this was a new venture for you. AJ will also be very pleased to hear that you enjoyed his activities. We look forward to seeing you when you stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Writing this review 2 months after our stay as emailed Keldy 3 times and not replying. Beautiful setting but disgusting and staff are very rude. Booked a silver cabin for a three night stay, and as we were going to bed I found what looked like dryed up blood on the duvet!! Too late to go enquire so had to sleep in the twin room and go down the next morning. Spoke to the manager and was offered no alternative, not even a cleaner to go to the cabin so we left after 1 night after paying a rediculous amount of money for a break we thought we'd enjoy. Emailed them and basically got told I was a liar as the manager cannot recall this so sent in the pictures I took and surprisingly no reply. Do not stay here, rip off!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Shauni R
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that about your experience. Could I ask you to forward details of your complaint direct to me on customerservices@forestholidays.co.uk so that I can investigate it fully.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend had booked a weekend away for my birthday (the first since having our baby 6 months ago, making it extra special). Looking on the internet the lodges looked amazing, with the open staircase leading up to the bedroom and the whole of the front of the lodges being glass. We were really looking forward to it. We picked up our keys to lodge 26 and when we walked in I noticed that the entrance mat was covered in dirt, we proceeded to the kitchen area which we found to be in a terrible state, the sink didn't look like it had ever been cleaned, nor did the oven. The units had crumbs on and the floor was covered in food from previous guests. The bathrooms were also very dirty, water stained doors which obviously hadn't been cleaned, smeared taps and thick dust and grime around shower tray and skirting boards. This was in both bathrooms! There was also muf leading up the stairs which obviously hadn't been hoovered. So from observation no cleaning had taken place in my opinion whatsoever. Cleanliness is the first expectation on my list and this certainly didn't cut it. Bearing in mind we had almost a four hour car journey with a small baby who was getting rather unsettled by this point. My partner went to inform the manager Nicky that we were not happy with the state of the lodge and within a few minutes we had three teenagers at the door waiting to come in and clean, Let the company image down in my opinion with their uniform, a pair of jeans and a tshirt. I asked them what cleaning products they were using, and she replied fairy liquid... REALLY?! the place must be crawling with bacteria, I'm not having my baby (who is at the age of picking up everything and putting it in her mouth) anywhere near this place! They left knowing I was not happy as they didn't even bring a Hoover and Nicky turned up to come and look at everything, after pointing out everything that we were unhappy with she agreed to have yet more cleaners come and do the place again!! An hour and a half later, we returned to the lodge which the kitchen cupboards and splash backs were still all smeary and the inside of the windows looked like they had been eaten off they were that smear and mucky! By this point I said to my partner that this was getting silly as my baby just wanted to go to bed after her long day travelling and I said that I would go and buy the cleaning products to do it myself, but I wasn't happy to pay the price we had paid if to was going to do this therefore he returned to Nicky to try and get some sort if compensation for our trouble and inconvenience... A meal maybe?! Or how about an apology??? Which we never actually got!!! Nicky's attitude was basically you stay or go, no money off. She was rude and had no customer service skills what so ever!!! Having a small baby means that we will be holidaying in the uk for the next few years and was hoping this would be a place to return to, but instead after our long day we packed up the car with no where to stay, 4 hours away from home. Eventually at 10pm we managed to find somewhere with a vacancy and we tried to make the most of our weekend. Wouldn't feel so angry and diaappointed had it been acknowledged that it wasn't acceptable and feel like they were truly sorry, but this definitely wasn't the case and Nicky needs to learn some customer service skills!!!

Stayed April 2014
12 Thank Lauraleanne1990
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Booked a silver birch lodge - what a lovely place to retreat from hustle and bustle. Lodge was just great, particulary the hot tub and wood burner. Kitchen was well equiped apart from a slightly small frying pan, needed two runs for a family fry up.
AJ is a wonderful and knowledgeable guide for the forest walks, had us stalking a deer off track through the forest - very exciting.
Overall a perfect way to truly relax, no mobiles, no traffic, just peace and quiet. Bird song at dawn is something to behold, what a lovely way to get
woken.
Stayed in lodge 48, not overlooked and a meadow view.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick M
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Keldy, North Yorkshire, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your review. It sounds as if you had a relaxing break from the stresses of everyday life and really got into the forest atmosphere. I am delighted that the break worked out well for you and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed 4 nights at Keldy at the start of April. It was a lovely, relaxing break, with our two children, aged 5 and 9 months. The cabin was a good size, and really clean, and the hot tub was great too. I loved the location in the forest, the signposted walks from the site and the playground was a bonus too! The surrounding area was beautiful, with so many interesting places to visit. I'm sure we will be returning to stay at Keldy again soon!

1 Thank laura d
Thank you for your kind review following your recent break at Keldy. I am pleased that you liked the forest location and the surrounding area, as well as your cabin and hot tub. I hope you will stay with us again in the future

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just got home from a fantastic Monday to Friday stay at the Keldy Cabins, this is our second visit and we enjoyed it just as much as the first time we visited. We did lots of great walks with fabulous scenery, enjoyed the hot tub, and our three children had a wonderful time.
We would also like to thank the friendly and helpful staff, who go out of there way to make sure you enjoy your visit, especially Nicky. On the second night our baby was sick and I was left with her cot bedding (which was our own) and pj's etc in a bit of a state, I went to the laundry to wash the bedding but the machines were out of order, Nicky said she needed to get an engineer out, but instead of asking me to just come back later she took the soiled items and put them through her own washer and dryer for me! When we returned from our trip out Nicky had put them in our cabin for us - clean and dry. We can't wait to return next year and know we will have a fab time again. Mel from Hull

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent break with us at Keldy. I am sorry to hear that your baby was sick, but pleased that Nicky could help you out. I will make sure that she sees your appreciative comments. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Holiday Advisors Team Leader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickering
The White Swan Inn
#27 of 28 in Scarborough
Rocklands Lodges
Rocklands Lodges
#2 of 27 in Pickering

Been to Forest Holidays Keldy, North Yorkshire? Share your experiences!