“Lovely food!”

Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Cilantro does Indian food with passion" The menu oozes culinary delights; from the selection of ingredients to the presentation of the food. The Cilantro menu embodies a unique blend of ethnic and progressive dishes and the chefs will always push boundaries with their combination of modern and traditional influences. The front of house team is friendly, responsive, informed and discreet. Staff would be delighted to host your party and help you commemorate your special occasion in style. Their exquisite cuisine and selected wine list will be admired by you and guest. Eat here first, whether you are a curry lover or not!
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We came here twice during our week long honeymoon in Pickering. Food on the first night was outstanding, as was the attentive service. We opted to share a number of starter dishes and a main curry dish instead of ordering our own meal. This meant we could sample lots of different items. Highlight of the meal was the garlic naan - which was probably up there with the best and the veggie mixed starter. Second time we visited, food was still very good. They had an offer on a Sunday where you could get a starter, main and side for £10, which is incredible value. However, on the second visit, service was not as good. We were left waiting for quite a long while without drinks, and they were slow to check up on us during/end of our meal.

1  Thank AmesWebster

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Wanted a nice curry for my birthday so when on sunday we saw advertised in their window special £10 deals on sunday and thursday thought that would be ideal for thursday (day after my birthday). We went into the restaurant and was asked if we wanted to do the special or other menu and informed that the special was a starter, main and rice or naan. Someone else then came over and informed us that the deal was wrong and only included starter and main which turned this into a not that greater deal. A "lovely northern lad" think it was his first day came and took drink order. We gave our order and was told that would be a pound extra for lamb dispite if we weren't taking advantage of the so called "deal" it would have only been 50p extra! Drinks turned up and my lemonade was flat! Starters were brought out and mine was given to a lady on another table and she had to call them back over to say it was wrong, it was then brought over to me with know acknowledgement of they mistake or apology for it. The chicken was dry and after I squeezed my lemon on it I had only a tissue serviette which had to survive me the whole sitting. After finishing the starter the plates were taken with no asking how the meal was. The "lovely northern lad" provided us with new cutlery and queried how our starter was. Main was slightly better been delievered to the correct table and asking how the meal was even if in haste whilst walking past. Once given the pudding menu from the "lovely northern lad" the other man took it out my hands whilst i was looking at it! Terrible experience pleased its not my local as I would have to look else where!

2  Thank saw888
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very nice restaurant, very clean (including bathrooms!). We are just starting to enjoy Indian food and truly enjoyed the food here. We were just looking for a light dinner so ordered 2 dishes from the starter menu plus some rice (crab cakes and some type of chicken) - both were excellent and their rice was delicious. We told them we didn't want too spicy so the server helped us pick which dish to have. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have eaten here several times and the service and food is spot on. Great menu with lots of speciality dishes. The restaurant is always clean and tidy and the waiters are extremely polite. I have also used the takeaway service which is quick and efficient.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I was so looking forward to visiting this Indian restaurant but felt really disappointed by the experience. My wife and myself were here on the second night of our honeymoon; to start I ordered crab cakes; there seemed to be very few staff on for the amount of customers and after 25 minutes my starter had not arrived (my drinks came after 20), I was then brought a dish which I had not ordered and this was taken to three tables before the rightful owner was found. This happened with two other dishes (including a full main meal, and a pint of larger)! Eventually my starter arrived, which were all potato and no crab to be found. Main course was slightly better but still a long delay in serving. Speaking to the head waiter he explained that some staff had been involved in an accident and were unable to get to work which explains the service, they also knocked £10 off the bill; would be interested to try them again as the restaurant is lovely inside.

1  Thank creaky1