“Great Place”

and 1 more site!
Ingledene Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 45 Pickering B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Had a wonderful 6 night stay at Ingledene last May (sorry the review is a little late). Only a 10 minute walk to the railway station and busses, meaning the car can be left somewhere safe and not being charged exorbitant council parking fees. Great and filling breakfasts and friendly host who even joined two other guests and myself for a short trek and dinner at a local pub one afternoon/evening.

Rooms are reasonably sized and during one cold evening an extra heater was supplied when asked. Very clean premises. Great garden with plenty of room to play with the resident dog. My only issue is that if the dog wants to have the ball thrown, it has to learn to return it to the thrower!!

One couple were frequent stayers for many years, which says a lot for the host, who even did some washing for me as I was on my way to a work conference after this stay.

I can recommend Ingledene to any other travellers looking for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DavoPerth29

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is THE place we always stay when visiting Pickering. Away from the noisy centre and all its parking problems, on the edge of town with lovely countryside views, but just an easy 10 mins walk to the NYMR station, pubs, cafes, restaurants and shops (or a 2 mins drive). The clean, well-appointed, well-stocked rooms are lovely to relax and sleep in with private bathrooms to each one, the welcome (from Sandra who runs the place) is so friendly, the breakfast is to die for, and you can relax there any time you feel like it. Parking is ample and easy. All rooms are ground floor and level access (apart from one step to the front door). If you want know where to go, where to eat or drink, or where to chill out, Sandra will know. I can't believe the value for money!

Room Tip: There are two, large double rooms and a smaller double - the larger rooms are better for a longer st...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael1842
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The B&B itself is lovely with a great view from the patio doors of the garden and countryside beyond. My en-suite room was gorgeous with a very comfy double bed, shower and bath. Sandra is a very warm and welcoming hostess, shown by the fact that one of the other guests I met during my stay has stayed at Ingledene several times before and now considers her a friend! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna D
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Living in Shetland and visiting family in Kent, I came across Ingledene in Pickering,North Yorkshire as my half way B&B to stay on my way down. I found Sandra a most helpfull Host informing me of some of the beautiful local scenery to visit,I found Ingledene spotlessy clean,The bedrooms were lovely and warm and the full English was cooked to perfection.So I fully recommend Ingledene to anyone you wants to visit North Yorkshire or just to use it as a place to stay when driving further afield.
Linda E

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Linda E
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This was our second visit to Pickering (for the NYMR diesel gala) and our second stay at Sandra's. I can't really add anymore that hasn't been said already. Can't fathom out why anyone would rate the breakie below excellent, we all rated the breakfast as first class. Myself and the lads were more than happy with the accomodation, which is a credit to Sandra. We hope to return next year, if we're spared ! Thanks again Sandra, from Simon, Steve, Ian & John (in the double room). PS: We'll buy you a G&T in The Bay Horse when we return !

Room Tip: I can only comment on the family room which has two singles and one double. Plenty of room and very...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Simon J
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Granny, daughter and two grandchildren stayed at Sandra's delightful and very welcoming B&B for three nights and were most impressed by the kindness and care we were shown by Sandra. We stayed in two rooms; the family room which was comfortable and spacious and an attractive double, both with excellent en-suite facilities. Our every need was catered for; from a well stocked hospitality tray to a delicious breakfast and we chose to have the evening meal option which was very tasty and generous. Any requests we had for anything were well received and executed with the minimum of fuss and the maximum of efficiency! Sandra really went above and beyond our expectations and we had a lovely relaxing time. Thank-you Sandra! We hope to come again!

Room Tip: the family room is well laid out and spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank julia a
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed in the family room.The room was spacious and had ample beverage provisions. The bathroom was good. The room was very cold though and the bathroom had a connecting door to the dining room which was a little disconcerting (nobody wants to use the bathroom if other guests are eating the other side of the wall in the dining room) The breakfast was poor.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family