“relaxing holdiday”

and 1 more site!
Ingledene Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 45 Pickering B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Thank you Sandra very much for a great relaxing 4 day break it was lovely we had such a good time in
Pickering a great centre point to visit York,Whitby and Scarborogh
We stayed at Ingledene this is a lovely bed and breakfast accommodation, Sandra the owner made us feel very welcome, and the garden was a relaxing quiet spot away from the town but was in easy reached around 10 minite work away

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Thank you very much Sandra for a wonderful weekend. You were so accommodating to us. The family room was perfect for us and our 3 year old, it was large, immaculate and attractive. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. Hannah loved Fen, she's still talking about her!

Room Tip: Sorry, didn't mean to give rating for the fitness centre, thankfully there wasn't one!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank RBatch
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at Ingledene for the bank holiday weekend and we had a lovely time, this is a lovely bed and breakfast accommodation, Sandra the owner made us feel very welcome, this is our 4th time of staying there,
The bedroom we stayed in is very modern lovely decorated in black, white and silver and a lovely comfy bed.
The breakfast was very nice with a good choice, and the garden in wonderful.
My husband fishes and is able to do so at the bottom of the garden at Ingledene.
We will be back next time we come to Pickering.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sueborrell4
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Had a wonderful 6 night stay at Ingledene last May (sorry the review is a little late). Only a 10 minute walk to the railway station and busses, meaning the car can be left somewhere safe and not being charged exorbitant council parking fees. Great and filling breakfasts and friendly host who even joined two other guests and myself for a short trek and dinner at a local pub one afternoon/evening.

Rooms are reasonably sized and during one cold evening an extra heater was supplied when asked. Very clean premises. Great garden with plenty of room to play with the resident dog. My only issue is that if the dog wants to have the ball thrown, it has to learn to return it to the thrower!!

One couple were frequent stayers for many years, which says a lot for the host, who even did some washing for me as I was on my way to a work conference after this stay.

I can recommend Ingledene to any other travellers looking for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DavoPerth29
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is THE place we always stay when visiting Pickering. Away from the noisy centre and all its parking problems, on the edge of town with lovely countryside views, but just an easy 10 mins walk to the NYMR station, pubs, cafes, restaurants and shops (or a 2 mins drive). The clean, well-appointed, well-stocked rooms are lovely to relax and sleep in with private bathrooms to each one, the welcome (from Sandra who runs the place) is so friendly, the breakfast is to die for, and you can relax there any time you feel like it. Parking is ample and easy. All rooms are ground floor and level access (apart from one step to the front door). If you want know where to go, where to eat or drink, or where to chill out, Sandra will know. I can't believe the value for money!

Room Tip: There are two, large double rooms and a smaller double - the larger rooms are better for a longer st...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael1842
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The B&B itself is lovely with a great view from the patio doors of the garden and countryside beyond. My en-suite room was gorgeous with a very comfy double bed, shower and bath. Sandra is a very warm and welcoming hostess, shown by the fact that one of the other guests I met during my stay has stayed at Ingledene several times before and now considers her a friend! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna D
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Living in Shetland and visiting family in Kent, I came across Ingledene in Pickering,North Yorkshire as my half way B&B to stay on my way down. I found Sandra a most helpfull Host informing me of some of the beautiful local scenery to visit,I found Ingledene spotlessy clean,The bedrooms were lovely and warm and the full English was cooked to perfection.So I fully recommend Ingledene to anyone you wants to visit North Yorkshire or just to use it as a place to stay when driving further afield.
Linda E