“The Best I Have Ever Tasted...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Eastgate Fisheries Cafe and Takeaway
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Pickering
Cuisines: Fast food, British, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“The Best I Have Ever Tasted...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

What more can I say...exactly how fish & chips should be.

Visited on 26th Feb 2014 while on a trip with a friend. We stopped for some lunch and couldn't of been more satisfied. The staff are extreamly friendly and the atmosphere was great. We took a table in the resturant which I always think is nice option to have. Restaurant was immaculate and as was the kitchen area. I also used the lady's room (perfect judge) spotless, clean and smelt fresh. Always a good sign of great resturant and delicious food!

We both ordered fish & chips a side of gravy and mushy peas. It was possibly the best fish & chips I have ever tasted. The fish, lightly battered, crispy, fresh and amazing. The chips, fluffy, perfectly cooked and not to greasy like some places.

A must visit when passing, I dont think another fish shop will beat this one. I will most certainly be back!

If only I lived around the corner. 10/10

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Best mushy peas and scampi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I ordered scampi and chips with a side of mushy peas when I visited this quaint little fish shop on a return journey from the staithes - the scampi was delicious, very well cooked, with not a hint of grease in sight!, and (if you love your food like me), it was a decent sized portion. The mushy peas were the best I'd had - so many fish restaurants don't think about their sides at all, definitely a sign of a good resturant and fishery to get the small things right! I'd definitely come again!

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent quality and great portions in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stopped by this cafe on a drive back home and it was definitely worth the visit! The staff were friendly and the portions were very generous.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Gluten Free Fish and Chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was told by a friend of a friend that this take away offered gluten free fish and chips. The staff were very helpful when I rang and advised that as long as they had 15 mins notice they could offer gluten free fish and chips. When I arrived to collect my order the fish was being fried in a separate frier along with the chips. It was delicious and cooked perfectly and it was great to be able to eat this again after being diagnosed as coeliac. I will definitely be back !

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sherlock W
Middlesbrough
“Great Value and on the doorstep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

lovely fish and chips, perfect location from Eastgate cottages, its becoming a favourite each time we visit.