The White Swan has that sort of enigmatic charm that you so want to find in an English market town Inn but rarely do. There is the hustle and bustle of comings and goings, the quiet corners for contemplation and the utterly reassuring creaking and groaning of an old building which reminds you that this place has been providing rest, food and ale to travellers for generations.
The restaurant is not cheap but the food is well cooked and presented.
The bedrooms are spacious and come in a variety of styles from the traditional front facing rooms in the Inn itself to the more contemporary courtyard rooms which, being at the back are quieter.
A great place to base yourself for exploring the North York Moors and coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire