I should disclose at once that I love this style of hotel; intimate, homely, stylish, professionally run, individual, characterful etc etc, so the White Swan is off to a good start with me. It also has the advantage of being situated in lovely part of England and in an attractive market town with some of the best of Yorkshire on its doorstep (the unspoilt moors, the East coast, and of course one of the most beautiful cities in England). Thrown in to this mix is a good restaurant, and charming bar/snug (ideal for pre-dinner drinks, reading the Sunday papers, watching the world go by from its bay window, or doing nothing very much). So with this by way of background, I've been and gone many times, and will be back. If it has any drawbacks that hold me back from being more effusive (but not from returning) they would be first, the slightly cramped rooms, immaculate and comfortable as they are; and secondly (primarily taking into account the point I've just made) the price tag which has crept up over the years, but for which I would give this hotel five stars. Finally, I've purposefully only stayed in the main hotel, never in the rooms situated in the annex at the back, because it seems to me the whole point of a hotel of this type is to stay in its very heart and not in something too contemporary overlooking a car park. This is a wonderful place to stay overall, and a good example of type of hotel the like of which is beginning to disappear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, SpeedyBooker.com and Priceline so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire