I've stayed here once before and happily found the service this time to be of the same high standard as before. The receptionist, bar staff and restaurant staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly without being intrusive. The food in the restaurant was excellent and despite several promises to ourselves not to have a pudding as we'd eaten both a starter and a main course, we failed miserably and had delicious puddings on each of the three nights. Breakfast is also excellent and there is a choice of cereal, fruits, yoghurts etc before you tuck into a cooked breakfast. The eggs benedict is fabulous and so is the homemade marmalade.
We used the Clubroom this time which has an honesty bar, pool table, TVs, magazines and books. A nice place to relax if you don't fancy sitting in the bar. It's a shame the weather wasn't better as there is also a nice outside seating area here.
It's within easy walking distance of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway station so it's great to be able to leave the car behind and take one of the steam trains to any of the small train stations along the route to Whitby and do a circular walk from there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire