I'd been looking to stay in York but really didn't fancy your run of the mill chain hotel then came across the White Swan and struck gold!! Although its about a 40 minute drive from York its well worth it. We stayed in courtyard room 14 which was n 2 levels with the bottom floor consisting of a lounge area including roll top bath and separate bathroom which was wet room style with shower made for 2. The upstairs area was the bedroom with dressing table. The room had a mini bar (tho i thought the prices were a bit steep) as well as usual tea and coffee but also very yummy hand made biscuits!!! The inn is in the centre of the very pretty town of Pickering which has a few places to eat in the evening as well as many tea shops for the day time. We ate in the restaurant on one of our nights and the food was very nice. The breakfasts were very good and you were definitely set up for the day. I'd recommend that anyone staying here makes sure they read the a-z advice book in the room...very amusing!!! All the staff at the inn were extremely friendly and helpful making the whole weekend very relaxing which was wonderful. All in all a great place to stay!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire