Although staying in a local holiday cottage, we came here every morning for coffe, as primarily it allowed dogs in. Always a bonus for us. But the place appealed becasue it had bags of charachter to it and an old coaching inn feel about it. We sat in their bay window in front of a roaring, real log fire. The coffee was excellent and the service faultless and friendly with the staff very attentive and polite. The last morning of our holiday we came here and had breakfast. What a very gentile and civilised affair it was too. A vast menu to choose from. I chose mushrooms on toast and my husband had the full English. Along with this came as much toast as we wanted, orange juice and homemade marmalade. Delicious. All served by, polite and friendly staff. My only moan is only that I onlfy got four pieces of mushroom and my toast was slathered in butter. I dont like butter. I only wished we had stayed here for our last night as we had to vacate the cottage a day before our departure back to Dorset.
Lovely, traditional and cosy inn. Would thoroughly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire