We have just stayed for 5 nights at the White Swan in a hideaway room in their annex. The room was very large with an enormous comfy bed, and was great for a stay with a dog. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the breakfasts excellent. We ate two meals there and preferred the ambiance of the front room by the bar to the normal dinning room. In terms of cons, we thought the the hotel and food were expensive, although probably not much more than similar places around. The food was nice but, £22- £25 for a steak, when I had similar at a friends golf club on the way there for £7.95 is a bit much for me. Although the staff were great the service could be a bit slow at busy times. Also a small hick- up with the bill, where they charged for the dog per night, rather than for the stay, was also cheerfully and quickly put right. A trip on the North York railway and to Robin Hood bay is a must if you come this area. Also Castle Howard and Dalby Forest are good days out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire