I had booked this hotel as a 2 night getaway for me and my husband after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were certainly not disappointed as the hotel looked exactly like the photos on the website.
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and the staff were lovely and extremely helpful. We were shown to our room within a few minutes and were told where everything was in the hotel and in our room.
I had booked the 'Superior Vintage' Room with the 'Louis XV super king-size bed' (this really was a big bed)!!! When you first walk into the room there is a decent size living room with TV, coffe table, sofa and wardrobe, adjacent to this room as the lovely bathroom with bath, overhead shower, toilet, sink and complete with candles (nice touch) and toiletries etc.
You then go up 4 or 5 stairs to the very large bedroom where it did look very regal.
Both the living room and bedroom overlook the main street, however you don't really notice any noise from the street at night.
My only negative with this room (which may have just been that we were unlucky that night), we had very noisy neighbours in the room above!
It sounded like they were just walking up and down the room constantly most of the night and then from 6.00am in the morning the footsteps did not stop at all. I did have a look up to the next floor to see where the footsteps were coming from and it was deffinitely in the room above and not from the corridor.
As we had little or no sleep that night and this resorted to my husband hitting the ceiling of our room, eventually I had had enough and went down to reception.
The lady at reception was lovely and said she would look into this. I was also offered a free bottle of champagne for our trouble, which I declined as I really just wanted some sleep and do not like complaining about anything.
Later that day I spoke to another extremely helpful lady at reception who said they would maybe ask the other guests to be a bit more considerate and that we would get a small discount off our room when we checked out the next day.
Obviously I was just pleased that this had been dealt with so quickly, however at teatime that day we received a call to the room offering a transfer of rooms to the Hideaway Treat room (not part of the main hotel).
We jumped at the chance to go as we just wanted a decent nights sleep. This room is more like an apartment and I wish I had booked this from the beginning, it is gorgeous. If you are looking for a romantic stay - then this is the room for you. His and hers overhead showers in a wet room downstairs. A stand alone bath in the room downstairs. Upstairs is the bedroom with with TV, wine and glasses, dressing table, mini bar and doors that open inwards with a secure metal veranda.
This room was absolutely perfect and so lovely and quiet - I would certainly stay here again.
The staff at this hotel are all very helpful, friendly, approachable and really welcoming.
This is a hotel mainly for couples I would say and in some rooms you can also take your dogs (I may take my labrador next time).
A lovely hotel, great staff, nice little bar, perfect location - Thank you for being so helpful.
Donna & Mike Woff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire