We booked the hotel as its close to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway Station, our room was roomy with good facilities although there was no safe for valuables. However because of the warm weather the room was unbelievably hot although the hotel had provided an electric fan. we would have opened the windows but for the large number of flies that inhabit the hotel and surrounding area. It would have been nice to see some attempt at controlling these by using the devices one sees in restaurants but none were in evidence anywhere in the hotel and that includes the restaurant. We ended up buying a fan to add to the room to try and improve things but the room remained hotter than it was outside.
After a very hot night we went for breakfast in the hotel restaurant and once again there were flies everywhere. At the buffet table items like jam and yogurt were covered up but we could not bring our selves to chance eating food that had been walked over by flies. We ate sealed cereal and ate breakfast elsewhere for the rest of our time in Pickering and the same for dinner.
Not a hotel to recommend, if you go to Pickering be prepared for the flies and stay somewhere else. stay somewhere else
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire