As I paid for my room at the end of a 3 night stay at the White Swan Inn, I told the Manager how wondeful I thought the place was, and how much I had enjoyed our stay. I promised her there and then I would write a review (only my second ever review and I have stayed at some great places).
We found this place through "Alistair Sawdays Special Places" website, which we have used on many occasions to find unusual and loverly places to stay.
We visited the White Swan website and noticed they had a late deal- 3 nights for the price of two, which made the choice all the more easy.
We stayed with our two cocker spaniels in the new converted stable blocks behind the Inn, they were gorgeous and were perfect for us to stay in with the dogs. We loved the daily home baked cookies left in our room each day, what a nice touch!
The manager in particular was lovely, very friendly yet professional. The whole team couldn't have done any better during our stay. We dined in the restarant on the first night, the food was very nice and the desert was out of this world, at first I thought the desert was on the pricey side but when it arrived it was a little masterpiece and tasted wonderful.
Breakfast was amazing, all local yorkshire produce and my husband informs me the best breakfast he has had for years! He is German and very hard to please normally.
Another evening we ate in the snug at the front of the Inn, comfy sofas and newspapers with a game of cards or scrabble was exactly the type of evening we had in mind, the dogs were even able to join us in there with us whilst we ate, which is a hard thing to find nowadays.
We really loved the leisure room, with a pool table, honesty bar, comfy sofas and tv, which guests could use to relax in- it was really like a home from home.
There are also a few other nice restaurants and a couple of bars within walking distance, along with some nice places to visit with the dogs, so all in all a perfect stay for us.
We look forward to visiting the White Swan Inn again for their warm friendly smiles, great accomodation and deserts to die for!
Many thanks to Tracie and the team!
Katy and Hol
PS: those few of you who may have found it "overpriced" or "not worth the money" should perhaps try the black swan on the same road next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire