Arriving at 17 Burgate from the back the first thing you get to see is the great garden, very tidy and well kept and this continues through the house.
We were given a great welcome, were shown to our rooms and then invited down for tea & cake which was a great touch and very tasty.
The decoration throughout the house is immaculate and our room (Studio, room 16) was far nicer than we were expecting. Everything you would want is within the room and plenty of small things that we were not expecting that really help make it a little more special.
The hosts were very welcoming and went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable and gave us some excellent recommendations for eating out.
Breakfast was good, although personally I only had porridge (which was spot on) the choice was good and my partner had a cooked breakfast which looked great.
All in all an excellent place to stay and we would most certainly recommend it to anyone. We will certainly be back next year and we are already looking forward to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five Star Gold Award winning Town House B and B in attractive North Yorkshire Market Town. Ideal for North Yorkshire Moors, coast, York and historic sites. Luxury accommodation, bar and lounge, secluded patio garden, fluffy towels and robes, afternoon tea, spa cosmetics, Wi-Fi enabled, locally sourced produce for breakfast. Winner of Best Guest Accommodation category at the 2010 White Rose Regional Tourism Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your 17 Burgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 17 Burgate Hotel Pickering
- 17 Burgate Pickering, Yorkshire