“Best Western Forest & Vale Pickering”

Best Western Forest & Vale Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pickering
Reviewed 16 July 2013

For the purpose of my review bias, for the last 11 years I have stayed approximately 100 nights a year in the Intercontinental / Holiday Inn Group chain.
So this was the perfect opportunity to try something different for a change.
Date of stay 2/5/13
My ongoing experience of the hotel is as follows:

1) Arrival is easy using the Sat Nav and post code address instructions.
2) On arrival at the hotel the check in staff member was extremely pleasant and friendly.
3) On arrival as a Best Western Gold member my room was instantly upgraded
3) All area’s including the bedrooms where always well kept, tidy and clean SEE PHOTOS
4) The evening meal, was OK ish, I ordered a rare steak and got a well done one ? This commonly happens to me when out and about for some reason, and as I was so hungry I said I would eat it. I was not offered any compensation for this, but having just ran 9 miles round the local fantastic site of the Hole of Horcum, I was not in the position to push it.
5) Breakfast is just what you expect from a good Best Western, excellent ,freshly cooked high quality produce (The Holiday Inn chain could really learn here) served on lovely hot plates.
6) Check out, was straight forward and hassle free.
In summary the hotel scores 4/5 for a nice countryside change to my normal Holiday Inn corporate experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Called at Forest and Vale for a bar snack - there was only one table occupied but the bar person pointed to a table and said sit there no choice offered. It was a hot day we were hungry so we did not bother finding him again to ask if we could have a differnet table. Our order was taken by a very polite and helpful young man who also served our meal.
The piece of salmon we had ordered was nice the vegetables were poor the new potatoes were green almost all the way through and were full 'black eyes' - inedible! . We had a one course meal and coffee plus a glass of wine and a half shandy the cost of this was £40-00
Apart from the young waiter who served us we were very dissatisfied with our visit and would not use the place again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirkleeschoosey
Reviewed 1 July 2013

rooms and bed very small nice gardens had to use as attending a large wedding most other hotels full, room was to warm, breakfast £10.25 so went out to eat plenty of café's very close by at half the price

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bluepete98
Reviewed 30 June 2013

To: Forest & Vale Hotel 083691
Subject: Our stay in Room 7!

Hi there!

Briefly to congratulate you all on a super hotel experience! Every aspect of our stay was excellent. Detail towards sparkling cleanliness, beautifully prepared and presented hot food, numerous corners to sit in and relax - plus a room so well serviced - all ensure that we shall pay you another visit!

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Janet and Peter King,

Darlington

Room Tip: * Use web site photographs * Talk directly with management regarding your rquirements
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Fine old building in a convenient loctaion in the centre of this small North Yorkshire town. The friendliness and quality of service are outstanding. The rooms (I was in a superior room) are spacious and well-maintained. Both dinner and breakfast were of good quality and again the service was excellent.The hotel has a delightful garden and on a sunny day sitting out on the terrace with a drink is very relaxing.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are very large and comfortable. Some rooms have views over the garden - worth asking...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank evallonia
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Had 2 nights, and had a room on the main road side. The room was warm and had to open window to sleep, unfortunately the neighbouring pub had noisy customers till early hours. The room was a little small and so was the bed but it was spotless. Staff were attentive and very helpfull and ckeaners were not only good at their job but were pleasant.
Wiuld stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank webboand
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights by myself on business, the room was a little small but I was by myself so it wasn't an issue, it was really clean and had all the amenities you could need. There was a free bottle of water in the room every day. I ate in the restaurant on my first night and it was ok nothing special but not bad either. The breakfast was plentyful and the staff in all departments were friendly and helpful.

Loads of parking. I would stay here again but if I was with my wife I would get a superior room for the added space.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Zippyboarder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickering
The White Swan Inn
6 mi away
Lastingham Grange
Lastingham Grange
#1 of 1 in Lastingham

Been to Best Western Forest & Vale Hotel? Share your experiences!