“Wonderful little cafe - and knitting shop”
Review of Poppies Tearooms - CLOSED

Poppies Tearooms
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The cafes further down the high street were packed so I kept wandering up until i found something with a seat. I'm so glad I did. It's a delightful knitting plus food shop - great atmosphere and friendly people.

I had a plate of ham sandwiches with salad and a mug of coffee. It was nicely prepared and a reasonable price.

There are newer reviews for Poppies Tearooms

Reviewed 13 May 2014

During a recent trip to England, I stopped here for a quick lunch. The food was tasty and reasonably priced. The atmosphere was very quaint; it was like stepping back in time a few decades! The owner, Tracy, was extremely friendly and helpful. Although I wasn't in need of them, I understand that their gluten-free offerings are very popular; a group at another table went to Poppies specifically because of their gluten-free menu. I'd certainly return.

1  Thank TripmomLedgewood_NJ
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Such a lovely little tea shop :) hot chocolate was very nice just how I like them :) cakes looked good too very good prices definitely would return :)

Reviewed 6 April 2014

A quaint little teashop, if nothing out of the ordinary. We had a pot of earl grey and a slice Victoria sponge each, which was tasty and just what we needed. The service was ok, although I didn't find it over friendly. The wool shop incorporated is an original and clever concept. A relaxing and unhurried experience.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We made a return visit to this lovely traditional tearoom which has a wonderful cosy atmosphere run by a genuinely nice family. The homely decor consists of small round tables with pretty tablecloths Service is at the table with china teapots, cups and knitted poppies in vases is quirky and fun. The tearoom has lots of hand knitted flowers and garments and wool around. The owner serves delicious cakes and scones or light lunches all reasonable priced, if you want to just sit, chat and relax without being hurried this is the place. Relaxing and very friendly with a knitting club if you want to bring your needles along. Our return visit after four years and it was just a quaint and lovely / Lincolnshire couple

2  Thank artdeco61