“Warm welcome, great accomodation.”
Review of Low Farm

Low Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pickering
Low Farm
Ranked #33 of 46 Pickering B&B and Inns
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome, great accomodation.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at Low Farm a few weeks ago after a friend had raved about it and we were not disappointed.

The views are amazing and it's very peaceful, but everything in the village is within walking distance if you want to get out. Andrew and Linda were warm and welcoming hosts and our children loved playing with Archie the black lab.

Will definitely return.

PS: Great breakfast!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DABS1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ledgewood, NJ
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Normally when I read a "less than stellar" review among numerous good ones, I think that the writer must be ridiculously picky and / or have completely unrealistic expectations.. However, I have stayed in many British B & Bs and this is the first where I was extremely unhappy throughout my entire stay. On the day I left, my bags were packed and in the car before breakfast. (Speaking of breakfasts, I should add that those at Low Farm include a choice of cereal or fresh fruit; in most B & Bs, both are offered.)
I had written the owners months in advance and told them that I was retired, traveling solo, and needed accommodations with the "usual amenities"; they assured me that their property definitely "ticked all the boxes." (I've saved all e-mails.) I also made a specific point of telling them that, since I'd be alone, I carry a cell phone for safety and convenience. ( Along with this, I provided them with the telephone number.) However, only after I had paid in cash in full upon my arrival (an arrangement made in lieu of providing a cash deposit), was I told that there was no cell phone service anywhere on the property or the area and that in order to use my mobile phone I would have to drive to the second car park on Chimney Bank or Wrelton. The road up Chimney Bank is the steepest in England with a 3:1 gradient; Wrelton is 7 miles away. Needless to say, I was horrified and furious that I hadn't been told any of this sooner because I would never have considered such an inconvenient and potentially dangerous arrangement!
The direction of the wind was blamed for the incessant banging of the bathroom's extractor fan and the inferior WIFI. When I told the owners that I really needed to connect to the internet, their response was that they tried not to rely too much upon technology. When I told them that not being able to use my cell phone in case of an emergency made me extremely ill-at-ease, I was told that since I was "on holiday," I shouldn't worry about such things. (The only landline is in their private living quarters.) The situation was especially stressful to me at night because the setting is at the top of a very poorly-maintained driveway, the entire area is extremely dark (it's a "clear sky" area), and I was the only guest the whole time I was there. When they weren't home, I was completely isolated. By the time I left, I was utterly exhausted and physically ill.
If you're solely interested in being served tea in a pretty tea pot and enjoying the views, then this place would be ideal. If, however, there's even the slightest possibility that you might have to be in contact with anyone during your stay and don't want to have to drive several miles or dodge the wandering sheep on Chimney Bank to do so, I'd definitely advise choosing somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank TripmomLedgewood_NJ
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have just returned from a relaxing weekend break at Low Farm. This was our second visit, as we were so pleased after our first stay there. Once again everything was first rate, from the hospitality of Andrew & Linda, the accommodation, comfort, cleanliness etc to the excellent quality breakfasts and afternoon tea & cake. This place is a true gem; we aim to return whenever we can! Don't hesitate is our advice if you're thinking of staying here. You won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hunter104
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I cannot add anything to what the previous reviews say. This B & B is absolutely brilliant!. I've seen the saying in various places where we've stayed 'arrive as guests depart as friends' and this is so true of Andrew and Linda and not forgetting Archie the black lab. Would love to return and stay longer in the summer !

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bligh2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I,and 2 friends stayed in late July and found this beautiful place, and would have liked to kept it a secret but as you can see,we where not the first to be overwhelmed by the location, the welcome, the accommodation, the great view,s, the fantastic scenery and one of the finest breakfast,s we,ve had on our many travels.Both the men had the full English breakfast,and my friend and I started with enormous bowls of fresh fruit before having a more modest English breakfast all washed down with gallons of tea all served out on the patio in glorious sunshine in an antique china tea service, out of a giant antique tea pot, absolutely fantastic.Linda & Andrew were the perfect hosts.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary L
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here recently & were really impressed by everything. We were treated to homemade cake and tea in the beautiful , well kept garden on arrival, looking at amazing scenery. The rooms are tastefully decorated & breakfast was first class. We look forward to returning asap!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank hunter104
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2013

What a great bolthole to stay in! On a very cold early March afternoon we were met with the warmest of welcomes from the owners, Linda and Andrew, followed by a most delicious piece of cake and tea. Our room was beautiful, absolutely spotless, the comfiest of beds and fluffy towels. Breakfast the following two mornings were delicious with lots of local produce and home made jam and marmalade!! The weather was absolutely awful with, at times, hardly any visibility to speak of and I think Linda was quite relieved when we decided, after much deliberation not to going on any intrepid hikes! We would love to return again later in the season if only to see the lovely garden and views at their best and, of course, to stay again at such a first class B & B.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jean P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickering
Milburn Arms Hotel
Ann's Cottage and The Old Smithy
Rocklands Lodges
Rocklands Lodges
#1 of 28 in Pickering

Been to Low Farm? Share your experiences!