“Really Lovely Overnight Stay”

Pear Tree House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 46 Pickering B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a lovely B and B, our bathroom was wonderful and the skylight to look at the stars was amazing. We stayed because we were going to a concert at Dalby Forest and it was an ideal location.
Only tiny criticism - I couldn't find a full length mirror.
We would definite stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bexp71
Sarah J, Owner at Pear Tree House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. It was lovely to meet you both and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We were so impressed you drove all that way for 1 night, I hope you had a good journey home. We will definitely look into (excuse the pun!) putting a full length mirror into the room. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again when you venture north again!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I found this BnB on Tripadvisor whilst looking for somewhere close to Flamingoland and I'm so pleased we managed to get rooms at short notice. We went as a family of 4, plus my dad, and were able to enjoy the Barn Room (Family room: double bed, single and option for extra single, but we had a travel cot for our youngest with ensuite) and The Gable room (Double with ensuite which I also think can be converted to family room). From my first contact with Sarah I found her to be extremely helpful and accommodating. We were treated to freshly baked cake on arrival, an amazing breakfast each morning (egg, delicious bacon, sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, cereals, yogurts, fruit etc) and a well stocked tea tray with all kinds of drinks and biscuits. The whole house is spotless and well decorated and well suited for familes with young children. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and will certainly stay again when in the area. Thank you so much for a lovely holiday!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gingerbumblebee2016
Sarah J, Owner at Pear Tree House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Well thank you so much for your really lovely review. I am so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you all to stay and lovely that you managed to do everything you planned to do whilst here despite the awful weather!! Dare I say the sun is shining today and its a beautiful day! We are very lucky to have so many amazing places nearby to visit, something for everyone and Flamingo Land is only 15 minutes away is an added bonus.
Thank you so much again for your lovely review and we all look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here for one night as a spare of the moment decision so we could spend longer at flamingo land the following day. Our host Sarah was brilliant from the moment I called to check the availability. We stayed in the barn room which was clean and spacious. The bathroom is amazing. A very high standard for a B&B. Sarah was a great host and made us feel very welcome. A welcoming piece of cake and coffee was a very nice touch.

The room was fine for a family of three and the house is very nice keeping the family and guests separate but still giving the impression of a home from home. A very nice garden at the side of the house also looked nice to sit out and chill. Secure parking off road too.

If your going to stop in Pickering you cannot look past this B & B

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Sarah J, Owner at Pear Tree House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so pleased you all enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a fabulous day at Flamingo Land.The weather forecast was wrong again! So pleased the rain stayed away. thank you once again for your lovely review and we hope to see you all again in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here for one night in April and were treated wonderfully. The Barn Room was light and airy with plenty of space, a pleasant bathroom and a supremely comfortable bed.
Sarah, our host, was charming and helpful. She welcomed us with tea and cake and this high standard of service was maintained throughout our brief stay.
Our breakfast was excellent, as was Sarah's suggestion to visit Castle Howard on our homeward journey. It was a pleasure to stay here with a friendly, effervescent family and I would recommend this fine B&B to anybody visiting this beautiful part of the country.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cugel_saga
Sarah J, Owner at Pear Tree House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Its always very rewarding to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay. The Barn Room is a lovely and very popular room. Castle Howard is wonderful whatever the weather and I am so pleased you enjoyed it. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I would most certainly recommend Pear Tree House to everyone, they are a lovely family and made me feel so welcome. I hope to visit again this year but if not will certainly return next.
The rooms are lovely, clean and bright, plenty of tea making facilities and toiletries.

Room Tip: All rooms look to be similar, I stayed in the Garden Room, which overlooks a really nice garden
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tootsWestYorkshire
Sarah J, Owner at Pear Tree House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely, lovely reviews, we loved having you to stay and Darcey was the perfect dog guest! I am so pleased you enjoyed exploring our beautiful area and all by bus or by foot - brilliant! We all very much look forward to your next visit, hopefully in the near future. Thank you once again. Sarah, Chris and the Girls!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've staying at this B&B twice now & the place is stunning , bathroom is amazing & the bedroom's are beautifully decorated and comfy . Nice friendly family run place with great breakfast choices , excellent location to get around . This place will always be my first choice when staying in and around Pickering !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna M
Sarah J, Owner at Pear Tree House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was lovely to see you both again. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your break away. the sun is still shining here, long may that last! thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay and we all very much look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just enjoyed a stay at this immaculate & friendly guest house.The rooms were lovely with all the necessary amenities. Everything was perfect including the delicious breakfast. Thanks to Chris & Sarah for a great welcome. MMcC April 2014

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Sarah J, Owner at Pear Tree House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.