“baldersons”

Balderson’s Welcome Cafe
Ranked #32 of 67 Restaurants in Pickering
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 18 December 2013

lovely atmosphere, very friendly staff, reasonably priced, nothing is to much trouble, even if it's not on the menu they will try and accommodate your needs, I have used this restaurant many times before, in fact it's the only one I use when I visit this lovely little village, it's just in the right place for travelling up into the moors or Dalby forest, the owners Claire and Michael are very nice people and that's transmitted into their staff, they also own the bakery adjoining the restaurant, that is well worth a visit if it's only to take home one of their delicious scones

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We have been to ths restaurant 4 times now. The food is very good. It is reasonably priced too. We had haddock,chips and peas and then a sponge pudding and custard and a cup of tea or coffee all for £8.50 per person. It is in the picturesque village of Thornton Le-Dale.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This cafe is attached to a family run bakery on the main street of the beautiful village of Thornton le Dale. I was stunned by the picturesque location, it really is breathtaking. The cafe has a lovely area outside at the back which we sat in, I wish we had visited a bit later than mid morning as the lunchtime menu looked wonderful, we opted for teas, coffees and a scone which were all spot on. Prices are reasonable and the staff are very friendly and helped me lift our baby buggy down a couple of steps as we left. We stocked up on quiches, pasties and sausage rolls for the family on our way out and they were all amazing.

1  Thank Paddy G