“Good value for money”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The bar/grill is just off the main road and is near a caravan site (I think?). It has your typical grill meals; burgers, steaks, pizzas.. The service was quick and the quality of the food was quite good. I had a burger which came with chips and salad for about £7, so you get what you pay for overall. My mum had a steak but said the peppercorn sauce was tasteless and ruined her meal. The décor in the bar/grill is quite dated, it has a separate restaurant area and then a bar area with a pool table. We didn't book a table and it was busy in there for a thursday night. Good place for a cheap and quick meal!

3  Thank Bronti S

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Absolutely fantastic food here!! Myself and my husband visited; we had heard loads of great things about it, so we wanted to try it out for ourselves. We had garlic dough balls for starters, which were superb - really tasty! Then we both had a bacon and cheese burger. It was absolutely fantastic! Very tasty! and there was so much of it that we couldn't finish it all! But it was such good value for money too, that we didn't mind. The drinks are cheap too! Definitely going back soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Ate here with family recently and was pretty pleased with the food. My Steak was cooked perfectly and melted in the mouth.
There were so many chips on the plate that I couldn't finish them all! All Porton sizes were really good, especially as the food prices are so cheap.
What was also cheap was the drinks, our table had a bottle of wine, pint of lager and 2 cokes and it came to just over £13.
I would certainly recommend the pulled pork pizza too, it was very tasty!
The only reason I haven't rated spencers as 5 star is because like others have mentioned I feel the menu is quite limited.
Whilst there are around 40 dishes most of these are variations of each other for example jacket potatoes, wraps and sandwiches all with the same fillings just served in a different wrapper.
I would love to see things like Lasange, pie and mash or some sort of roast maybe just to give the menu more variation.
Would definitely recommend this place to eat if you are in the area but would say that it's wise to book a table before visiting as they are always busy which is such a good sign!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We pre-booked as we were staying in a caravan at the Black Bull Caravan Site and it was the May bank holiday! We reserved our table for 5pm (evening opening time) They allow dogs in certain areas, so we took ours along. The food was lovely and plenty of it but we were pleased we had arrived early as we were told 3 staff had not turned in and our order was wrong ( we did get the wrong pizza free of charge) but I think as the evening went on there would have been delays. We would eat there again as it is a lovely place, beer garden, sun room and the restaurant and child/dog friendly.

1  Thank christine451
Reviewed 31 May 2014

On the recommendation of Trip Advisor we visited Spencers Bar & Grill whilst staying in nearby Flamingoland, and what a lovely time we had. We never booked a table but the staff were very friendly and managed to fit us in. It is a lovely setting overlooking a large lake. The food was lovely and very reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend Spencers to anyone!