Beansheaf
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbusy roadgreat food and friendly staffcomfy bedelectric heaterfull englishlarge car parkwould stay againpleasant stayeden camplovely weekendnorth yorkshire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

As the title says, everything about this hotel was good. Warm welcome, clean rooms, plenty of parking and close to many attractions within the region. All the staff we encountered were friendly and welcoming, the breakfast was very good and our stay was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My partner and I recently stayed 3 nights at the Beansheaf Hotel. The room was clean and tidy with plenty of room for my 2 Yorkies dogs to move around. There was ample tea and coffee facilities which was topped up regularly. The food was absolutely lovely with a good variety of choice and huge portions especially the cooked full English breakfast. The young ladies in the kitchen worked very hard to ensure you received your meals 'piping' hot. The staff were excellent, they were very friendly, jovial and happy to deal with your every request I could not fault them. There is one character Norman the General Manager who always has a tale to tell and is a bit of a comedian a right "cheeky chappy". I understand every other Wednesday they hold a Jazz night which is quite popular, unfortunately we missed the event as we left on the Wednesday. The hotel is located two and half miles from Pickering, which my partner and I and the dogs walked as there is a path all the way from the hotel to Pickering and took us 50 minutes there and 50 mins back and is a pleasant walk but if you take your dogs keep them on the leads as the road is very busy. We enjoyed our stay and will certainly be going back in the near future.

Room Tip: Specify your specific needs when calling ie we took our dogs and we did not want to disturb other guests and we were allocated a larger room at the back of the hotel on the lower floor ideal.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed one night with the husband. Nice hotel, lovely and clean, spacious bedrooms, comfy bed. Plenty of coffee/tea/milk with a nice touch of bottles of J20 and chocolates in the room. Didn't have an evening meal although the food did look very nice. Breakfast very nice and plenty of it. Nice and friendly staff, couldn't ask for anything better. Around a very nice stay, thumbs up from us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed for 1 night whilst working locally. I arrived late and had a friendly welcome and was checked in and shown to my room.
My room was spacious and had a couple of chocolates and bottles of J2O included - a nice touch.
I found the food to be good quality, homemade, and excellent value. Breakfast was also good.
The only downside was a bit of traffic noise during the early morning as the main road into Pickering got a little busier.
I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Good size room with large comfy bed, very clean and plenty of tea and coffee. All phone numbers we could possibly need were listed in the folder from doctors to taxis. Lovely breakfast and good service. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple