“Ideal for touring”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pickering
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Ideal for touring”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great place to stay breakfast superb and position ideal for the area. Room comfortable and the owner works very hard to keep you happy and ensure you have a lovely time. On arrival given the opportunity to have a cup of tea for a warm welcome.

1 Thank 83Alun83
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Hopefully we will have the pleasure of meeting you again. Kind regards Valerie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
manchester
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I came to this b+b for two nights in April and while we were here visited flamingo land and eden camp museum, we were told we would have a small attic room so were happy to find on arrival we had a nice good size double en suite.
Theres parking at the back and its easy to walk into town where there are a few nice restaurants pubs and bars
Overall would recommend

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank chell_o_b
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review I am glad you enjoyed your stay - we look forward to
welcoming you back.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed over night last weekend, This is a great place to stay ,Very comfortable Great food ,breakfast and evening meal, nicely positioned for Pickering town centre ,the Station and for visiting the coast around Scarborough area, Will definately stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: High room 5 up the stairs but worth it for the view
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review I am glad you had a lovely time and look forward to welcoming you back.
Lincoln
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife & I stayed Sunday 8th June for one night in Pickering at The Old Manse Hotel, en route to Cayton Bay for a week, Absolutely lovely, quite Hotel In a quite road, a short stroll from town centre, We met Val the owner on arrival, a lovely lady, who checked us in and left us to our own devices. We stayed in room 3 which is a 4 poster room that faces onto the rear with some pleasant views, ensuite was fine, with big fluffy white towels and bath robes to snuggle into. we both had a great nights sleep. Breakfast next morning was excellent with so much to choose from plus a full English too, plenty of fresh coffee. The young girl serving breakfast was most pleasant & attentive. I wish we'd stayed another night, we'll certainly be booking again. Thanks Val. p.s. if you stay in Pickering on Sundays, be aware that Pubs stop serving food around 5pm

ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
`Thank you for your lovely review I glad you enjoyed yourselves. regarding food in Pickering
you can be served up till 9 at some Hotels and the Fish Shop is open till 6.30 on Sunday
hope you didnt go hungry. Thank you again.
Hornsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife & I spent four nights over two weekends at this excellent Hotel.
I never sleep well for the first night in a strange bed, but at the Manse, I slept like a log!!
Our room was a good size for the two of us & the bed was very comfortable.
It is little wonder that Val has been awarded at least two certificates for her breakfasts because I don't think I have ever had better, anywhere!
Val & her staff were very helpful & friendly & I hope I get the opportunity to stay there again.
It could not have been better!

Room Tip: The garden room is (for me) perfect because it is on the ground floor & opens into the garden.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely review I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We also managed to get some good weather for you.
It was very nice meeting you both and I hope to welcome you again.

Gravesend, Kent
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic find! We stayed here for two nights with the idea of going on a trip on the steam train across the moors. Wow! A superb small hotel, great room (1), warm welcome and fantastic breakfasts. To top it all, unbeknown to us when booking, the hotel is about a 4/5 minute walk from the station. The town is delightful too and near the railway. A lovely weekend and thoroughly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jdunkley55
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review it was lovely to read. I am glad you had such a lovely time.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you both again.

Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned from spending 3 lovely nights at the Old Manse, on our arrival we had a lovely warm welcome from Val nothing was too much trouble for her. We had a lovely view from our bedroom window, the bedroom was spotless with towels changed daily, the breakfast was 1st class. We had evening dinner on one night it was absolutely delicious all home cooked food! If you are ever visiting Pickering we would highly recommend the Old Manse you truly won't be disappointed. Thank you so much Val for our enjoyable stay with you, we will be returning

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stellaparadise
ValerieAnne19, Owner at Old Manse Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely review - I was thrilled to read it.
I am glad you had a lovely time it was lovely meeting you both and Max. Hope we will meet again.
Kind regards Valerie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickering
Best Western Forest & Vale Hotel
#2 of 46 in Pickering
The Black Swan
The Black Swan
#13 of 46 in Pickering

Been to Old Manse Hotel? Share your experiences!