“Nice place to stay”
Review of No. 9 Luxury B&B

No. 9 Luxury B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pickering
No. 9 Luxury B&B
Ranked #42 of 46 Pickering B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 September 2013

It was one of our best guest houses. A Place of losing the time. Many information, because there are intresting books of the area. Also a perfect breakfast and everything is clean. Many thanks for this three nights, Willi, Elke & Stefan, Germany

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Willy T
There are newer reviews for No. 9 Luxury B&B

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Aylwin and Elizabeth went out of their way to make sure our stay was as comfortable as possible. The room was comfortable and clean and the B&B was local enough to Pickering that my wife and I comfortably walked home after the wedding party we had been part of.

The breakfast was superb... a word of advice 'don't turn down the mushrooms'

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Thank you for a lovely stay, room was clean and well appointed. Lovely extra touches that made you feel welcome and special :-) very clean lovely house. Breakfast was great. We enjoyed our stay and was made to feel very welcome. Good value fr money we would recommend. Mr and Mrs Scott

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed for 2 nights for a friends wedding and felt really welcome. Elizabeth was always quick to respond to any queries.

The house was immaculate, very well presented and had off-road parking. The free wi-fi was invaluable and the optional extras were a lovely touch.
Aylwin and Elizabeth were lovely and friendly and looked after us well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Aylwin and Elizabeth managed to find a room for me at very short notice on a Friday evening in November when other arrangements fell through. No 9 is furnished and equipped to a very high standard, and the breakfast was excellent too. I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I just had one regret about my stay at No.9... I would have loved to stay longer! This was a last minute booking and after very efficient email exchanges with the owner Ailwyn I managed to grab the last room available. I arrived just after lunch on Friday having arranged to drop my overnight bag off early. I was greeted by Elizabeth who was happy to check me in since my room was ready. I was offered refreshments but politely declined as I needed to head into Pickering. No.9 is a brisk 7-8 minutes (flat) walk from the town centre and is just on the outskirts of town in a quiet location along the Scarborough Road. It's a lovely modern property carefully looked after by the owners. My room was nicely furnished, modern and extremely comfortable, overlooking the front of the property. On the landing there is a fridge with refreshments and snacks operated on an honesty basis. An excellent idea - the funds are used to benefit local good causes. Breakfast was prepared by Ailwyn and was fantastic - all good quality produce and very well prepared. I had planned to have Fish & Chips in Whitby but unfortunately the size of the breakfast was such that I didn't manage to eat again until the evening!
In summary, no.9 ticks all the boxes and is a an excellent base from which to explore this wonderful part of Yorkshire. I plan to be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Very nice rooms, good breakfasts and friendly hosts. About as good a B&B as you will find. If you are a light sleeper, do consider that it is on the main road to Scarborough, which although not busy, does have quite a few cars on it so there is some road noise. Also remember that this is a B&B not a hotel, so doesn't have quite the same facilities, or expectations.

Other than than we had a great stay, with walks and bike rides in the moors, and a trip to Cropton Brewery. Whilst we wouldn't stay here again (due to the road noise), I have already recommended it to friends.

Also great is that there is a fridge in the hall with fresh milk in for tea. Little touches make all the difference.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple