2,714 results
All reviewsart decoafternoon teaurban splasheric gillsun terracesea viewmorecambe bayspiral staircasebeautiful hotelmain restauranticonic buildingthe penthousefloor to ceiling windowsoriginal featuresspecial occasionfeature roomwine list
Reviewed 22 May 2014

being a avid art deco fan my partner booked a one night stay for my birthday. i was totally in awe of this fabulous building. the staff were excellent and so helpful. i was treated to afternoon tea with champers on the terrace the evening meal was fantastic.going to breakfast the next morning i was greeted with happy birthday and a birthday card from all the staff. my 19 month old granddaughter was treated like royalty, i cannot praise this fabulous hotel and the staff enough. thank you and i will definately be returning.

Room Tip: third floor with balcony views of morecambe bay breathtaking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MidlandGM, Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Sandra497

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review following your recent stay here at the Midland.

I was delighted to read that your stay was enjoyable and glad to hear that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Hannah McQuire
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We are I would say fairly regular guests at this hotel. (As residents not just people that have the rather excellent Afternoon Tea). We like the place so much that I chose to spent my 50th birthday here with a number of friends and family that also stayed over night. As ever the service was attentive, the food great (Service was maybe slightly slower than normal in the evening), and the whole team went out of their way to make the big 5 0 memorable for me. We are booked once again on the Christmas break package for this year and we can't wait to one again enjoy the Midland experience. (Even the people who arranged my booking were fab!)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Anita37

Thank you so much for your fantastic review following your recent stay at the Midland!

I was delighted to read that we helped make your big 5 0 special and that we can look forward to welcoming you back for our Christmas package. I will ensure that all the staff are made aware of kind comments.

Kind Regards

Hannah McQuire
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just had our 7th short break at The Midland. Food and service as always very good. Staff friendly and efficient. Special mention to Lesley in Restaurant and Brian and Anthony on Reception. Only disappointment this time was a terribly loud, disrespectful, and uncouth wedding party on 16th May. Lot's of shouting and running up and down corridors, never had this before at the hotel, just hope it was a one off? Hope you will start to reinvest soon in some areas which are starting to look tired, exterior, the stair carpet, Rotunda Bar to mention. We love the hotel and it would be such a shame if it wasn't kept up? Rooms, Restaurant, service all great. We will be back.

Room Tip: We like 201 and 101 but wrong end of building when a function on. Usually would give very good sleep quality, but was marred this time by the wedding.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda B
MidlandGM, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Lynda B

Many thanks for a positive review of your 7th and most recent stay with us here at The Midland.
Please rest assured that, whilst we do to some extent rely on guests behaving in an appropriate manner,the events to which you refer were very much isolated in nature.
We are, of course, firmly committed to ensuring that this iconic building is maintained both inside and out and will shortly be undertaking a scheduled full exterior clean - a necessity bearing in in mind our location. We will also soon be replacing our main staircase carpet and other areas of flooring within the hotel which have proved to be less hardwearing that we would have liked and were installed as part of the hotel's refurbishment prior to our involvement.
I hope you will be pleased with the results of this continued investment when we (hopefully) have the pleasure of welcoming you back for an 8th visit!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked the meal on Valentines Day and it was amazing...

The staff were incredible and the food and champagne was to die for... The Midland shouldn't surprise me but it does, we visited at Christmas for a party night and I am very impressed how they manage to pull off such a superb menu for a large quantity of guests over and over again... (well done the Chef!!!)

The evening was wonderful, if I could have a small comment it would have been that it was a dinner dance as oppose to just a meal... We will be back :-)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JacquieGallaghan

Many thanks for taking the time to post a great review of your Valentine's dinner at The Midland.
I was delighted to read that this was enjoyable, and that you particularly enjoyed the champagne - a result of our ongoing close relationship with Laurent Perrier.
I will discuss your suggestion regarding a Valentine's dinner dance with my team and hope to welocme you back very soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice breakfast indeed in a room with a super view.

A iconic building that has been commented about in many other reviews that I will not add to other than to say it is worth a look and I did enjoy the building.

For dinner I had a steak and chips which were superb.
I then had cheese and biscuits to follow. The type of biscuits that are served are not real crackers but these coloured shapes of cardboard and one of the colours does not taste good at all. Two cheeses were to my palate but four were very bland.
May I suggest that you offer a choice of cheese boards - a mild one and a strong/mature one - but give us biscuits and not cardboard please.

All perfect then?

Not quite. I found the room to be quite hot. There is no way to cool it other than to open the windows which let in noise from the front car park and road.
About 4 am I was woken by a council road sweeper. The internal plumbing of the building means there is a whoosh of running water that comes up from the drain in the shower- and that disturbs your sleep.

So many great features about the Midland balanced by disturbed sleep.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
MidlandGM, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear expectant customer

Thank you for a very positive review and constructive comments relating to your recent stay.
I hope to welcome you back soon.