“Fabulous short stay”

The Midland
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Morecambe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have commuted past almost every day for 10 years and never found the opportunity to stay. In helping to sponsor and launch a nearby free photographic exhibition the Midland showed another dimension to what I found to be a charming hotel full of art deco character, a real hotel atmosphere, not a functional box of people. The staff were genuinely welcoming, professional and friendly. The room was great- the seaview added an extra relaxing feel. My evening meal and breakfast were exquisite. All in all a fabulous short stay that I would thoroughly recommend and intend to treat myself to more often.

Room Tip: A sea view room rewards you with a lovely sunrise and sunset over Morecambe Bay looking up into the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank John W
MidlandGM, Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear John W

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review following your recent stay here at the Midland.

I was delighted to read that it was an enjoyable one and will ensure that all your kind comments are passed onto the team here. I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,512)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Popped in on a Sunday evening after my partner and I had been strolling down the prom. Had a nice beer and a spirit and mixer first and then decided to stay for a coffee.

I was very surprised that an espresso (single) and a latte came to over £7.50. Myself and partner live in West London and work in bars in Chiswick and Fulham, and these and many other establishments in these affluent areas charge nowhere near that. Seemed on the high side.

I'm from Morecambe and am proud that it's home to the Midland, and have enjoyed lots of visits in recent years.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul J

Dear Paul J

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to the Midland.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your visit but at the same time a little disapointed to read that you found the pricing of our Tea & Coffee to be on the expensive side. We have done much research when looking at our pricing for all our Food & Drink and I would like to re-assure you that within the local area our prices are very reasonable. I am only sorry that you did not find this to be the case.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited Morecambe during the carnival weekend and popped into the Midland for a drink and something to eat. It was incredibly busy but one member of staff went out of her way to find us somewhere to sit and serve us. I think her name was Daniella. Lovely food and nice atmosphere as always in the bar despite the number of people.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Cathy B

Dear Cathy B

I was very glad to read that your visit was enjoyable and that Daniella assisted you in getting a table.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel was lovely and staff couldn't do enough for us. Food was good and room wonderful. We were contacted prior to our stay in case we had special requirement andcheck in and out was quick and efficient. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear jenningsd

I was glad to read that your stay was enjoyable and that all the staff were helpful. I do hope that we can welcome you back the Hotel some time in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

being a avid art deco fan my partner booked a one night stay for my birthday. i was totally in awe of this fabulous building. the staff were excellent and so helpful. i was treated to afternoon tea with champers on the terrace the evening meal was fantastic.going to breakfast the next morning i was greeted with happy birthday and a birthday card from all the staff. my 19 month old granddaughter was treated like royalty, i cannot praise this fabulous hotel and the staff enough. thank you and i will definately be returning.

Room Tip: third floor with balcony views of morecambe bay breathtaking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sandra497

I was delighted to read that your stay was enjoyable and glad to hear that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We are I would say fairly regular guests at this hotel. (As residents not just people that have the rather excellent Afternoon Tea). We like the place so much that I chose to spent my 50th birthday here with a number of friends and family that also stayed over night. As ever the service was attentive, the food great (Service was maybe slightly slower than normal in the evening), and the whole team went out of their way to make the big 5 0 memorable for me. We are booked once again on the Christmas break package for this year and we can't wait to one again enjoy the Midland experience. (Even the people who arranged my booking were fab!)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Anita37

Thank you so much for your fantastic review following your recent stay at the Midland!

I was delighted to read that we helped make your big 5 0 special and that we can look forward to welcoming you back for our Christmas package. I will ensure that all the staff are made aware of kind comments.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just had our 7th short break at The Midland. Food and service as always very good. Staff friendly and efficient. Special mention to Lesley in Restaurant and Brian and Anthony on Reception. Only disappointment this time was a terribly loud, disrespectful, and uncouth wedding party on 16th May. Lot's of shouting and running up and down corridors, never had this before at the hotel, just hope it was a one off? Hope you will start to reinvest soon in some areas which are starting to look tired, exterior, the stair carpet, Rotunda Bar to mention. We love the hotel and it would be such a shame if it wasn't kept up? Rooms, Restaurant, service all great. We will be back.

Room Tip: We like 201 and 101 but wrong end of building when a function on. Usually would give very good sleep...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda B
MidlandGM, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Lynda B

Many thanks for a positive review of your 7th and most recent stay with us here at The Midland.
Please rest assured that, whilst we do to some extent rely on guests behaving in an appropriate manner,the events to which you refer were very much isolated in nature.
We are, of course, firmly committed to ensuring that this iconic building is maintained both inside and out and will shortly be undertaking a scheduled full exterior clean - a necessity bearing in in mind our location. We will also soon be replacing our main staircase carpet and other areas of flooring within the hotel which have proved to be less hardwearing that we would have liked and were installed as part of the hotel's refurbishment prior to our involvement.
I hope you will be pleased with the results of this continued investment when we (hopefully) have the pleasure of welcoming you back for an 8th visit!

Best regards

Matt Stanaway

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morecambe
Travelodge Morecambe Hotel
#8 of 10 in Morecambe
Thurnham Hall
Thurnham Hall
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to The Midland? Share your experiences!