“Perfect Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Morecambe
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfect Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Got married here a week last Saturday and it was absolutely perfect. From initial visit 12 months ago to check out they were considerate and professional. Exemplary when dealing with dietary requirements and other specific requests. On the day everything was tightly managed in a way that let you relax, trust them and enjoy the day. The staff from service staff to the management were polite, more than competent and helpful from start to finish. Special mentions to Vicky Cruse, Lee and Stuart who oversaw the day. Can't wait to visit for our anniversary stay but we'll be back before then.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room and if you can stretch financially go for the suite with the hot tub.
2 Thank Jonnyh1980
MidlandGM, Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Jonnyh1980

Thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review following your Wedding which was held here at the Midland.

I was delighted to read that the day ran smoothly and that we made your big day special for you. I will of course ensure that Vicky, Lee and Stuart read your kind comments.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (981)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Morley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We recentlly had a 2 day break in morecambe at the Midland hotel hotel .We found the hotel to be excelent . The building has a nostalcic feel but has been carefully updated to provide all modern comforts the rooms have some very clever design features and are roomy and well equiped .The service was superb all the staff contributed to making you feel special and valued as a customer nothing was too much trouble .The food was very good we had a 2 night deal with 2 breakfasts and 1 evening meal .The meal on the first night was well presented and served at a steady pace no hurrying about, and the breakfasts in the same style . the restaurant itself is worthy of comment with lovely views over Morecambe bay and made you feel as if you were in a bygone era with service and style to suite. outside the hotel is a promonade and a pier again very pleasent .One comment I would say to anyone booking this hotel would be book a sea view room and take the evening dinner option its well worth it .our room was no 222 and the views across to the lake district stunning ..

MidlandGM, Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear John J

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at the Midland.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all the staff.

I hope that we can welcome you back very soon!

Ulverston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have commuted past almost every day for 10 years and never found the opportunity to stay. In helping to sponsor and launch a nearby free photographic exhibition the Midland showed another dimension to what I found to be a charming hotel full of art deco character, a real hotel atmosphere, not a functional box of people. The staff were genuinely welcoming, professional and friendly. The room was great- the seaview added an extra relaxing feel. My evening meal and breakfast were exquisite. All in all a fabulous short stay that I would thoroughly recommend and intend to treat myself to more often.

Room Tip: A sea view room rewards you with a lovely sunrise and sunset over Morecambe Bay looking up into the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank John W
Dear John W

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review following your recent stay here at the Midland.

I was delighted to read that it was an enjoyable one and will ensure that all your kind comments are passed onto the team here. I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Popped in on a Sunday evening after my partner and I had been strolling down the prom. Had a nice beer and a spirit and mixer first and then decided to stay for a coffee.

I was very surprised that an espresso (single) and a latte came to over £7.50. Myself and partner live in West London and work in bars in Chiswick and Fulham, and these and many other establishments in these affluent areas charge nowhere near that. Seemed on the high side.

I'm from Morecambe and am proud that it's home to the Midland, and have enjoyed lots of visits in recent years.

1 Thank Paul J
Dear Paul J

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to the Midland.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your visit but at the same time a little disapointed to read that you found the pricing of our Tea & Coffee to be on the expensive side. We have done much research when looking at our pricing for all our Food & Drink and I would like to re-assure you that within the local area our prices are very reasonable. I am only sorry that you did not find this to be the case.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I visited Morecambe during the carnival weekend and popped into the Midland for a drink and something to eat. It was incredibly busy but one member of staff went out of her way to find us somewhere to sit and serve us. I think her name was Daniella. Lovely food and nice atmosphere as always in the bar despite the number of people.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Cathy B
Dear Cathy B

I was very glad to read that your visit was enjoyable and that Daniella assisted you in getting a table.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel was lovely and staff couldn't do enough for us. Food was good and room wonderful. We were contacted prior to our stay in case we had special requirement andcheck in and out was quick and efficient. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear jenningsd

I was glad to read that your stay was enjoyable and that all the staff were helpful. I do hope that we can welcome you back the Hotel some time in the future.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

being a avid art deco fan my partner booked a one night stay for my birthday. i was totally in awe of this fabulous building. the staff were excellent and so helpful. i was treated to afternoon tea with champers on the terrace the evening meal was fantastic.going to breakfast the next morning i was greeted with happy birthday and a birthday card from all the staff. my 19 month old granddaughter was treated like royalty, i cannot praise this fabulous hotel and the staff enough. thank you and i will definately be returning.

Room Tip: third floor with balcony views of morecambe bay breathtaking.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sandra497

I was delighted to read that your stay was enjoyable and glad to hear that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morecambe
Lancaster House
#4 of 11 in Morecambe
Thurnham Hall
Thurnham Hall
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to The Midland? Share your experiences!