“A stylish break”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mold, United Kingdom
“A stylish break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was our second stay at the Midland, this time for our Silver Wedding Anniversary, and was even better than last time - helped by better weather. The seaview rooms are great all overlooking Morecombe Bay. The spiral staircase is stuning. All of the staff are friendly & helpful. The hotel exudes a relaxed and stylish atmosphere. We stayed in one of the penthouse suites on our previous stay but the room we had this time, on the same floor, was preferable - very spacious and equipped with fridge, coffee maker and a bath (with views over the bay) and separate shower. The food is wonderful too. The tourist information office is just across the road if you are unfamiliar with the area and a walk along the promenade is very pleasant and accessible.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a bath so check when booking if you want one.
1 Thank Sue F
MidlandGM, General Manager at The Midland, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Sue F

Many thanks for a great review of your Silver Wedding Anniversary stay.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Matt Stanaway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (980)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just spent a night at the midland hotel in a twin room celebrating mums 80th. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special. Thanks Brian for your very interesting and entertaining tour and history of the hotel. Wonderful room views and comfort second to none. High standards in all areas from house keeping to restaurant. Easy to find easy to park and easy to relax. Look forward to returning as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Room 104 well worth extra cost for sea view room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Monacodave
Dear Monacodave

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review of your stay at The Midland to celebrate your mum's 80th.
I was delighted to read that both your stay and tour were enjoyable and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just returned from a great 3 night stay at the Midland.
The Hotel looks great from the outside but as soon as you step inside WOW!!, the spiral staircase, marble floor, all the Art Deco features amazing and the view across to the Lake District stunning especially those sunsets!!

The rooms are great, Very Quirky, all very well designed, everything you need in the room

We opted to eat in the Rotunda Bar instead of the main restaurant, food very good, friendly staff especially at Breakfast time, this is when you can sit in the conservatory and enjoy the views!!

staff excellent and very helpful, can,t wait to come back again in September!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dcolclough004
Dear dcolclough004

Many thanks for taking the time to post a great review of your three night stay at The Midland.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We wanted to stay here just to experience the amazing art deco design. A little weather beaten, but not disappointing. 1930s music plays in the lobby and bars, which is a nice touch. We were given a feature a room with wonderful views over Morecambe bay. I loved the shower and seperate bath tub, which had a strip of clear glass allowing you to enjoy the view while taking a shower or bath. We opted for dinner and cocktails in the Rotunda bar instead of the restaurant. Staff were attentive and we had a great stay.

Room Tip: It is worth paying a bit more for a feature room with a balcony.
1 Thank Smultronpod
Dear Smultronpod

Thank you for a very positive review of your stay at The Midland.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

As a retiring architect partner from my Practice, with mainly non architects as former partner colleagues I thought for my farewell weekend I'd bring 20 of my former partners (their wives and some children) up to Morecambe to celebrate my retirement within a design classic.

The rooms were wonderfully functional and had some very clever innovations. Some housed on the lower floors were amused as they could not initially find the WC, but when they did appreciated the clever thinking behind its positioning.

On the Saturday morning a wonderful member of staff took us on a tour of the hotel to explain its history and points of detail.

On the Saturday evening we had a twenties themed event and the staff caught the spirit and greatly helped the evening go well. The weather was also superb, whilst on the sea front there was a kite festival all weekend.

The food was good, particularly when thinking of the numbers they had to cater for, whilst the wine was also of a good quality.

All 40+ of us had a wonderful stay and would recommend it to anyone. Stunning building in a superb location overlooking the bay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Nigel N

Many thanks for a great review of your retirement celebration at The Midland.

I was delighted to read that this proved to be memorable and best wishes from all the team for a long and happy retirement.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was really looking forward to my first stay at the Midland and I wasn't disappointed. The exterior and reception area were an art deco delight. Check in was quick and easy and I took the lift to my 3rd floor room. The day was sunny and hot and it came as quite a shock when opening the door to the room just how hot and stuffy it was. However, once I opened the two large sliding doors to the balcony, the room cooled and, with the tide in, as I sat on the bed, it felt like I was on board an ocean liner.
The room was modern, clean and well-appointed and I just loved the view. After a good night's sleep, I went down for breakfast at 7.30 and it was already quite busy. A friendly and helpful couple of waitresses on duty and the food was tasty and well cooked.
I really want to re-visit this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank furgus
Dear furgus

Thank you for a great review.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Morecambe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My boyfriend took me to the midland hotel for afternoon tea, which I have always wanted to do and so I was extremely pleased! It met all of my expectations and more.... the afternoon tea itself was amazing, a lovely selection of sanwiches, cakes and scones along with freshly brewed coffee or tea. And to top all this off, we had a glass of champagne and I received a marriage proposal! The staff were so lovely and accommodating, and they even gave us a complementary glass of champagne and box of chocolates! The midland will truly hold a place in my heart forever.

2 Thank Katy G
Dear Katy G

Mnay thanks for a great review of you visit to The Midland and congratualtions once again from myself and all the team.

Matt Stanaway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morecambe
Lancaster House
#4 of 11 in Morecambe
Thurnham Hall
Thurnham Hall
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to The Midland? Share your experiences!