“What a Woderfull Sunset”

The Broadwater Guest House
Ranked #3 of 25 Morecambe B&B and Inns
Derby England
“What a Woderfull Sunset”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We booked one night at the Broardwater, a front facing room with a fantastic view over to the Lakes. The sunset was magnificent and we sat and watched the sun go down from the bay window in our room, on two comfy chairs whilst consuming a bottle of fine red wine.
Breakfast was quality and very filling. Home from Home guest house with wonderful hosts you will not go wrong booking here.

Room Tip: Front Facing to see the magnificent Morecambe Sunset
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Number5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Hebrew first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Arriving on a cold summers evening we were warmly welcomed and shown to our room. Breakfast was excellent, the variety and quality very good. The granola was very tasty with yoghurt and the warm soda bread delightful. The room was fine for our needs.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my 8 year old daughter for one night. We had booked a room with sea view at a very reasonable price. When we arrived the tide was in and as we entered the room and looked towards the window all we could see was the sea. It was a fantastic sight to welcome us to our room.
We loved the table by the window with 2 comfortable chairs and binoculars. On the table was a bottle opener and wine glasses which I didn't use for this stay but could definitely enjoy on another occasion. It was great that there was a cooler in the room for drinks so perfect for chilling drinks. Other reviews stated it was quieter at the back. I didn't have any problems at the front and I am quite a light sleeper.
The bathroom was well decorated with a power shower. I loved the pebble pictures on the wall.
Breakfast was excellent. Really enjoyed the Bury black pudding. We both enjoyed the home made granola. My daughter especially loved the chocolate granola. It would have been great to be able to buy some. My daughter had a good boiled egg (so many places seem to struggle to make runny boiled eggs). She also had a sausage which was cut up for her. Nicely saved me having to do it. It's some of those little things that make a big difference. It was great that my daughter felt special.
Morecambe itself doesn't have lots to do but a good location to stay for visiting Lancaster and Happy Mount Park for the kids.
I think we will definitely be back if in the area.
Thanks to Jean and Alex for great hospitality.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
lancaster
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Last month 8 friends of minefrom Zhengzhou,henan Province,China came to Morecambe to visit me on their tour around Europe.They stayed at the Broadwater Guesthouse on Morecambe Promenade for 2 nights.The owners could not of been more welcoming and the fact that only one of the party spoke English did not cause them a problem.
The rooms were spacious and the sea views over Morecambe Bay were amazing.My guests were treated with great patience and kindness.
Breakfast was prepared to their liking and nothing was too much trouble.
My Guests left Morecambe to continue their travels round Europe singing the praises of how they were treated and the hospitality shown to them.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My friend and I spent three nights here, in Rooms 4&8. We booked this Guest House after reading the reviews and were very much looking forward to something outstanding. However, the reality was something of a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, this is a very good Guest House, in comparison to some and I would still recommend it despite some issues. Firstly, we were a bit baffled by the previous comments of 'warm friendly attentive hosts' as that was not our experience. In fact we did not feel we were made particularly welcome and in all the time we were there, we were not once asked how we slept or if everything was ok. We did however hear them asking other residents.

So, to the Rooms. I was in Room 8, which is a single en-suite with a fantastic sea view. It is a good sized room with an excellent hospitality tray. There is a vanity sink in the room and separate toilet and shower. The 'wardrobe' was an open construction with cube storage and hanging space. There were no drawers in the room so unless you like your undies on show I suggest you do what I did and leave them in the case. There were two main things that let this room down as far as I was concerned. The first was the bed, as the mattress springs were protruding and made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. The second is the noise from the road outside. It is an extremely busy road at all times of the day and night and in warm weather, with the window open, it can be off putting and impossible to hear the television unless turned up loud enough to disturb other people. However, if you can tolerate the noise, the view as you sit by the window is stunning. The only addition I would have liked in this room, and this is purely my personal opinion, is a box of tissues.

My friend was in Room 4. Again, a good sized single en-suite with a large fridge, wardrobe and drawers. This room is at the back of the house and was, I am told, quieter.

There is a very small 'Residents Lounge' with books, games etc. There are also plenty of leaflets but some of them were very out of date. Good view of the Bay but the sofa is facing the wrong way, so no sitting and looking at the sea from there. Then we come on to the Breakfast. The dining room is well appointed, no reserved seating so if you are first down, you can sit by the window.There is an excellent choice of food which includes, cereal/fresh fruit/home-made granola/yoghurt/fruit juice etc. This can be followed by a cooked breakfast, vegetarian option available. Be sure to enjoy some of Alex's home made Marmalade on your choice of toast, which includes soda bread. Jean was happy to let me deviate from the menu and construct my own food and it was all presented well on hot plates. My friend Anne would like you to know that she was very pleased with the service.

On our leaving, Alex was kind enough to bring my suitcase down, which I very much appreciated, as my room was two flights up and no lift. So, to conclude, this is a very reasonably priced accommodation with plenty of 'extras' and the bonus of being 'Green'. An excellent breakfast, excellent sea views, close to the promenade but far enough away from the main town, bus stop a few yards away and seating a few yards away. There are plenty of good reviews which show this guest house is worth booking but I hope I have given you a balanced insight which will help you decide. Please feel free to ask me if you want to know more about our stay.

Room Tip: Stunning sea views in some rooms but quieter at the back
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Friendly hosts, fine rooms with comfortable beds, easy chairs and fridge with complimentary bottle of water. Spotlessly clean. Every item you could ever want for Breakfast. I'm glad the Midland Hotel, where we enjoyed a fine dinner, was full other wise would have missed this gem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in room 7. The room was excellent with a modern en-suite and fabulous view of Morecambe Bay. We had a king size bed which was really comfortable and easy chairs and table in the bay windows. Wine and whisky glasses were also provided and a small fridge for your own wine, beer etc was great, as the premises are not licenced you can bring in your own drinks. Alex and Jean were great hosts, really friendly and did the best breakfast ever, you must try the soda bread and also the scrambled egg, I don't know how Alex gets it so light and fluffy. The guest house is in a nice area a good 10 minute walk from the noise of bars and shops etc, which we were glad of. We only spent one day in Morecambe as the weather was overcast and drizzly there was not a lot to do. I'd certainly return to the Broadwater if looking to stay in the area again.

Room Tip: If your want bay views book a front room but with windows open the traffic can be noisy so you may p...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple