“surprising”

Black Stone Grill & Thai Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Description: Formerly Known as Thai Rose and after launching our unique steakhouse venture we now merged the two restaurants under one banner. Sited in an iconic building with panoramic views over the bay. Our renowned Thai chef has over 25years experience of Thai Cuisine so you are assured of a true taste of Thailand. All dishes are individually prepared so freshness is what you will receive. Thai food is wholesome and healthy, we won't disappoint you; try us and you will be hooked for life. Our second restaurant opened on the ground floor of the same building offering a unique experience in steak for Morecambe. With 40 covers available and party bookings welcome this is an experience you cannot miss. Also the unique Black Stones offer you the opportunity to experience the hottest and tastiest Steaks around with seating for 60 available.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent authentic Thai food, more richly spiced than a lot of Thai restraunts. OK the surroundings are not luxurious, but the food and service are excellent. I was a bit dubious about the revues but recommended for a good Thai meal.

ande2212, General Manager at Black Stone Grill & Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Nice to hear that you truly enjoyed our style of Thai cuisine. The menu was designed by our owner/chef who shows real passion in her cooking. The choices really do reflect true Thai food plus. The chefs adds what she considers to represent Thai food at its best. 10 out of 10 for her efforts.
New choices have now also been added which gives more variety to your evening here and its not all spicy, trust me.
Thank you for your review and hope we have the pleasure again of your company.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hi
We had mixed feelings. Overall the food was lovely and the staff were fantastic, and very good, patient and understanding with a lady with alzhimers and went out of their way to put balloons up for my mum's birthday, which made her very happy. It made a really nice effect and my dog enjoyed them when we got home!
The down points were the placing of toilets for the disabled and elderly, my mum and gran really struggled. Also having been before I was really looking forward to the sweetcorn fritters, to find they had been taken off and now as a vegetarian there is not a choice, you can only have one thing for the starter, and the last thing was the banana fritters.
Three out of four had these and all three were disappointed,they said there was hardly any flavour and that the batter was to thick, also another vegetarian said they thought it tasted like fish on the batter and wae thinking it was done in the same thing, which I would hope not.
we did mention our concerns to staff and they said they would pass this on.
This was the second time I've been and I would definitely come again and recommend this place to other people.
The food is so tasty with loads of flavour, great staff and atmosphere and hopefully next time I can leave a excellent review.

ande2212, General Manager at Black Stone Grill & Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased that your experience here again proved positive. Obviously we care very much about how our customers think and feel and would like to address some of your concerns.
Regarding the siting of the toilets... When we took over the building they were already on the second floor and with the design as it is there is no quick fix. We are addressing all issues and if you are not already aware the restaurant has just had a facelift by decoration. I hope you have time to come and visit us again soon as it really does present a new image, I will upload some photos here.
Starters, yes I agree that at the moment there is only our vegetable spring rolls. Having said that if you ask for other options the waitress/waiter should have also offered you tempura vegetables, I am sorry if these were not offered to you.
Glad you appreciate the freshness of our cuisine though.
Many thanks again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We went for our anniversary meal and discovered this hidden gem along the sea front, it's absolutely charming and the food is delicious, I would definitely recommend the duck red curry or the traditional thai curry because both were two of the best thai dishes I've ever eaten and to top it off our waitress was lovely! Would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone!

ande2212, General Manager at Black Stone Grill & Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

So pleased your enjoyed your anniversary meal here and rate our style of Thai cuisine highly. Our chef/owner has professionally cooked her style for at least 29 years now and still enjoys every minute, and when she receives reviews such as yours she feels so proud. In her college years she achieved 2nd place in Thailand for her style so I feel honoured by her being here.
Many thanks again

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Seen the reviews and decided to order a takeaway. Both of us loved our choices (masaman curry and pad thai)..... we'll definitely be back!!

So pleased you enjoyed your takeaway from us. Hopefully you can return soon and try some of our other original menu choices our chef has to offer.
Early evening also lets you take advantage of one of our promotions be it the early diner at £12.99 which is a multi choice set menu or our happy hour which offers you a 25% discount Tuesday to Thursday.
Many thanks again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Took my mum for dinner as a treat; service was great, the place was neat and tidy, and the food was excellent. The restaurant itself is a little quirky (which I like!), especially if you go for a look around upstairs. I'd recommend it to anyone, the food was excellent - curry was really tasty and the scallop dish we had was hot and spicy and flavorsome and the starters were delicious, Definitely worth a try!

Thank you for your positive review of us.
We have tried to retain the original design of the building over the two floors that we use, downstairs is very cosy and ideal for that quiet evening out whereas our first floor restaurant is more open with fantastic views across the bay. We also have our second floor which is ideal for daytime conferences and evening parties. Hopefully we have some thing for everyone's tastes and requirements.
Thank you again for your review.