Review of The Honey Tree

The Honey Tree
Ranked #27 of 122 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Honey Tree sits on the central promenade of Morecambe, only a step away from the town centre, with superb views across the Bay.Our restaurant has set the standard as a high quality establishment able to cater to every need of the individual as well as to the enjoyment of our local clientele. The Honey Tree offers you a culinary experience not to be beaten, with exciting dishes and impeccable service. Visit us to experience exquisite food, a wonderful environment and a unique experience that you are sure to enjoy.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

we tried the buffet and didn't find it as good as we had hoped , very overpriced for the £14:99 p p we paid ,
staff wont leave you alone to eat and are forever asking if you want more wine beer or anything els they can think of ,

if we stayed in morecame again we would try some other place

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family and I went to the Honey Tree to celebrate my graduation. We have been a number of times over the years and its always been great. We called half an hour before we decided we wanted to go there to see if they had a table available for 6 of us and they did, I explained on the phone that it was my graduation to see if they had any special graduation menus or offers on but the phone signal was quite bad so couldn't really hear what was being said and I had no idea if they had heard what I had said or not. We were pleasantly surprised on arrival as there were some congratulations balloons attached to a chair on our table which we thought was an incredibly lovely gesture. We all only opted for mains, 2 of us having beef curry, 2 sweet and sour chicken and 2 beef and mushroom, the food was absolutely delicious and the service was great. At the end of our meal I was brought some little cupcakes with a sparkler and candle in which again was an unexpected and really lovely gesture! (Thank you to the staff for the lovely gestures!) We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

As I had a longing for tofu on one particular day, we phoned the restaurant to check that they had fresh tofu ("Yes") and as we ordered starters asked the waitress to see if they could offer the salt and chilli dishes on the menu with tofu instead of squid (or chips!!) ("Yes").
I'll skip the description of the dried out spare ribs and other starters as quickly as my partner and I did the eating of.

Did tofu dressed in salt and chilli arrive? Yes.
Was it salt and pepper tofu as we know it? No, no, no.

A modge of tofu was placed on the table - and the waitress was asked to take it straight back.
Was it straight from the pack? Had it been swirled around in the bottom of a wok? Who knows, but I have seen more appetising looking tofu at wholefood/vegan/raw food demonstrations.

And the proprietor's request when I sent the dish back as "not what I ordered" was amazing.

She came to the table and tried to explain that different restaurants have different ways of cooking and then asked: "How should we cook it? You tell us how!"
Our only comment could be if you don't know how to cook dishes, don't say "Yes" when customers ask - but for goodness sake, if you can drop strips of potato or squid in oil and cover them in a salt/chilli mixture, surely you can do the same for chunks of tofu.

When the bill arrived - including a charge for the 'tofu' - it ping-ponged in the hands of the poor waitress between the till and our table until a compromise was reached in the form of: "How much you are prepared to pay?"
We paid only for what we HAD eaten and drunk and will not be returning for a second round.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My partner and I went to the Honey Tree and we both ordered starters, the duck rolls are to die for if you're a fan and we both ordered the sizzling steak but different sauce flavours and its the best I've had for some time, lots of flavour and lots of meat, staff were great too!!
We'll be back to see you..

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Have been going here for thirty years and never ever had a bad meal eating in.
However the take away food is at times appalling...rice tepid, sauce bland and the same potato flour gloop it seems for all dishes, missing main dishes and rice when you get home, and the weirdest vegetables used to pad it out...since when does carrot belong in king prawn in ginger and spring onions?
Anyway, please please please get the take away quality back to where it was and as the eat in food.
We shall return but only to eat in.