“Excellent Value for money”

Bay Strathmore Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Morecambe
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at the strathmore hotel for a 5 day Christmas break, this was our second visit as we stayed Christmas 2010. All the staff from the Manager down were excellent friendly polite and very helpful . Our room was quite small with a sea view, very comfortable and spotlessly clean and refurbished daily. The entertainment was excellent even better than the previous year.The restaurant staf were great and obliging whilst being cheerful and polite. The food was varied and cooked and served well. We enjoyed it so much we have booked for Christmas 2012.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PDTLA232BN
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear PDTLA232BN

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your Christmas with us and I have passed on your praise to both the Entertainment team and the Staff at the Strathmore Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back for Christmas 2012.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Just returned from a 4 night midweek break. Hotel has got to be one of the most welcoming and friendly I have ever stayed in. Not posh or stuffy, just genuine and goodnatured. Staff can't do enough for you, rooms are clean and comfortable, food is wholesome and restaurant staff are a delight. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Will definately go again.

Room Tip: Views from 'seaview' rooms are magic, roadnoise is noticeable but livable
3  Thank Leozit
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Leozit

Thank you for your great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Strathmore Hotel and I am looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a 4 day break with National Holidays. The hotel is in a very good position right on the sea front with wonderful views across the bay. The staff were very friendly and efficient especially our waiter Leon who, although, very busy at times always had time for a quick word and even a joke. A very pleasant young man. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was always a plentiful supply of tea, coffee and milk so we could make a drink in our room. We had excellent entertainment on Fri and Sat. evenings but there was none on Sun. Maybe there could have been some background music? My husband left his keys in the bedside cabinet so he phoned the hotel and they were posted back to him immediately. So thankyou to everyone there for making our stay so brilliant.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank yorksramblingrose

Dear Yorksramblingrose

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Strathmore Hotel. I have passed on your praise to Leon.

I am also glad that your keys arrived back home to you safely and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Morecambe in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

just returned from the strathmore on monday 23rd jan,went for a four day break with national,what a great time we had,the hotel was more then we expected,the food was lovely with a good varied choice,we was in room 114 spotless,would like to thank all the staff from reception,the young lad and lady on the bar [sorry didnt get your names]who were very polite and even had time to converse with everyone,to the housekeeping staff who we never met but did a great job in the rooms and would like to give leon our waiter a special mention who did a grand job in the dining room,now to the moans[sorry but there only minor],there is not enough lighting in the main lounge,only lamps which made it difficult to read a newspaper after breakfast,very dark room,and could of done with a couple of coat hooks ,perhaps on the bathroom door,as we had nowhere to dry our wet coats,we are already planning to come back this summer for a monday to friday one,so hope to see you all then ,thankyou.

3  Thank yvonne057

Dear Yvonne 057

Thank you for your kind review. I have passed on your praise to all of the team here at the Strathmore.

I have noted your comments and I will take action where required.

I look forward to seeing you again in the summer.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have just returned from an all inclusive selfdrive 2 day break with Shearings at the Strathmore. I feel that this was an excellent value for money break. I paid a supplement for a superior room with a seaview and the room we got 203 had a beautiful view and a lovely bathroom. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the entertainment provided two good nights fun. I agree with some other reviewers that some areas of the hotel need an urgent upgrade ( worn carpets and chipped paintwork ) but on the whole a very enjoyable break at a competative price.

Room Tip: It's worth paying the supplement for an upgraded room
2  Thank deborah028

Dear Deborah 028

I agree that it is worth upgrading to a Superior Room and I am pleased that the Room was to your liking.

I have passed on your praise to all of the staff.

We are in the process of continuing our in house maintenance programme and I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to the Strathmore Hotel in the future when you can see the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

You can usually get 3 nights for this hotel based on 2 sharing at £99 pounds each breakfast and evening meal as well as as much beer between 7.30pm and 10.30pm the food is amazing but the staff are also amazing they put many of the biggest hotel name staff to absolute shame they really do. Seriuosly if anyone moans of gives this hotel less than 5 stars then they must be mad .

Room Tip: even the cheapest rooms are brilliant
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank big-martin5320

Dear Burney Cottage

Wow! Thank you for your wonderful review. I agree that the package you received at the Strathmore is good value.

I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful team working with me at the Strathmore Hotel.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Strathmore Hotel.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I have just returned from a coach holiday with Shearings where we stayed here, in one of their own Bay Hotels. I have no hesitation in saying that i really enjoyed my stay here. As soon as we arrived, the General Manager boarded the coach to welcome us to The Strathmore. Check-in was instant and within minutes i was up in my room. My case was delivered to my room very shortly after.
I had a single room which was very comfortable. There was a high standard of housekeeping in the room and everything from the bed sheets to the bathroom were immaculately clean. There was plenty of tea & coffee in the room. There were no complimentary biscuits to have with you tea. Maybe this is something the hotel may consider as a future addition to the rooms as it's always nice to have a biscuit with your tea when in your room. There were 4 small cartons of milk left which wasn't quite enough for me as i like my coffee fairly milky. I left a note in the room the following morning to ask for 6 cartons instead. When i got back from the excursion & went up to my room there were 6 cartons, exactly what i had asked for. You can't say fairer than that!
I had a lovely sea view from my room. I was looking right out over Morecambe bay towards Grange-over-Sands and the Lake District mountains beyond. I am missing that view already since coming home!! The bed i had was very comfortable indeed and there was more than enough space in the room for me. The television was one of those small portable ones but the picture was pretty good.
It's a lovely walk into the town from the hotel. It's flat all the way along the seafront and the views of the bay are a real treat. It is a good 15 minutes walk to town but it's worth it for the superb views along the way. There are regular buses into the town from just outside the hotel which is great if you feel the walk maybe too long.
The food was excellent with plenty of choices. I have to say that i found the portions more than adequate especially when you are eating 3 courses. I never once left the restaurant feeling hungry either at dinner or breakfast. I enjoyed every bit of food i ate here. The porridge was made to perfection! The service in the Dining Room was superb. Our waiter was always friendly and smiling and always asked if we had enjoyed each course at dinner and if we had enjoyed our breakfast. He really did care that we were enjoying the food. Well done Leon!
The entertainment was excellent too with a mixture of fun quizzes, bingo and live cabaret. It was made all the better for me by a win on the bingo on the Thursday evening!
This was a drinks inclusive break with Shearings. The service at the bar was very good indeed. I was never held up for long at all if there was a queue because the bar staff were so efficient and they ran the bar area so smoothly.
To conclude, i was given an excellent, real value for money holiday at The Strathmore, made all the better by the excellent and friendly staff. I was sorry to leave on the Friday morning as i'd had such a great time there. Thank you to you all and keep up the fantastic work!

Room Tip: There are great views across Morecambe Bay to the Lake District mountains from the sea view rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
13  Thank Coachholidayfan
MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear Coachholidayfan

It really pleases me when the hotel receives a review like yours. I am delighted that you were happy with your room and I agree that the views across the Bay are spectacular.

I have passed on your praise to the kitchen team and of course Leon and the rest of the Restaurant team.

As you have said the package offered is very good value and the bars and entertainment team work very hard to ensure that all of our guests are happy.

I hope that you will come and visit us again at the Strathmore in the near future.