Bay Strathmore Hotel
    US$103
    US$97
    • Restaurant
    TripAdvisor
    All reviewsour waitershearings hotelsself driveshearings holidaycoach drivernational holidaysinclusive breaksea viewbar managerweekend breakevening entertainment was excellentmeal timesenjoyable holidaymonday to fridayevery eveninglake districtsuperior room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at the strathmore hotel for a 5 day Christmas break, this was our second visit as we stayed Christmas 2010. All the staff from the Manager down were excellent friendly polite and very helpful . Our room was quite small with a sea view, very comfortable and spotlessly clean and refurbished daily. The entertainment was excellent even better than the previous year.The restaurant staf were great and obliging whilst being cheerful and polite. The food was varied and cooked and served well. We enjoyed it so much we have booked for Christmas 2012.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
    5  Thank PDTLA232BN
    MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear PDTLA232BN

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your Christmas with us and I have passed on your praise to both the Entertainment team and the Staff at the Strathmore Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back for Christmas 2012.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Just returned from a 4 night midweek break. Hotel has got to be one of the most welcoming and friendly I have ever stayed in. Not posh or stuffy, just genuine and goodnatured. Staff can't do enough for you, rooms are clean and comfortable, food is wholesome and restaurant staff are a delight. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Will definately go again.

Room Tip: Views from 'seaview' rooms are magic, roadnoise is noticeable but livable
    3  Thank Leozit
    MatthewPeacock, General Manager at Bay Strathmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Leozit

Thank you for your great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Strathmore Hotel and I am looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a 4 day break with National Holidays. The hotel is in a very good position right on the sea front with wonderful views across the bay. The staff were very friendly and efficient especially our waiter Leon who, although, very busy at times always had time for a quick word and even a joke. A very pleasant young man. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was always a plentiful supply of tea, coffee and milk so we could make a drink in our room. We had excellent entertainment on Fri and Sat. evenings but there was none on Sun. Maybe there could have been some background music? My husband left his keys in the bedside cabinet so he phoned the hotel and they were posted back to him immediately. So thankyou to everyone there for making our stay so brilliant.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
    3  Thank yorksramblingrose

Dear Yorksramblingrose

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Strathmore Hotel. I have passed on your praise to Leon.

I am also glad that your keys arrived back home to you safely and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Morecambe in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

just returned from the strathmore on monday 23rd jan,went for a four day break with national,what a great time we had,the hotel was more then we expected,the food was lovely with a good varied choice,we was in room 114 spotless,would like to thank all the staff from reception,the young lad and lady on the bar [sorry didnt get your names]who were very polite and even had time to converse with everyone,to the housekeeping staff who we never met but did a great job in the rooms and would like to give leon our waiter a special mention who did a grand job in the dining room,now to the moans[sorry but there only minor],there is not enough lighting in the main lounge,only lamps which made it difficult to read a newspaper after breakfast,very dark room,and could of done with a couple of coat hooks ,perhaps on the bathroom door,as we had nowhere to dry our wet coats,we are already planning to come back this summer for a monday to friday one,so hope to see you all then ,thankyou.

3  Thank yvonne057

Dear Yvonne 057

Thank you for your kind review. I have passed on your praise to all of the team here at the Strathmore.

I have noted your comments and I will take action where required.

I look forward to seeing you again in the summer.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have just returned from an all inclusive selfdrive 2 day break with Shearings at the Strathmore. I feel that this was an excellent value for money break. I paid a supplement for a superior room with a seaview and the room we got 203 had a beautiful view and a lovely bathroom. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the entertainment provided two good nights fun. I agree with some other reviewers that some areas of the hotel need an urgent upgrade ( worn carpets and chipped paintwork ) but on the whole a very enjoyable break at a competative price.

Room Tip: It's worth paying the supplement for an upgraded room
    2  Thank deborah028

Dear Deborah 028

I agree that it is worth upgrading to a Superior Room and I am pleased that the Room was to your liking.

I have passed on your praise to all of the staff.

We are in the process of continuing our in house maintenance programme and I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to the Strathmore Hotel in the future when you can see the improvements we have made.