“Lovely old fashioned kind of restaurant!”

The Grove Cafe Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 111 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hertfordshire
“Lovely old fashioned kind of restaurant!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Nice warm atmosphere with very friendly service. Beautiful fresh fish on the menu!. But beware of the voucher ladies!

Visited May 2014

Lancaster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently Great Food & Service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just been to The Grove and felt I had to review again. We were made to feel very welcome on arrival, could sit where we liked and received great service throughout our meal. The food, as always, was delicious and I had my usual bread & butter pudding topped with meringue which try as I might, I just can't resist.

Well done The Grove for consistently great food and service.

London
“: )”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I stopped in for a quick lunch and was greeted by a very friendly lady who brought my drink of choice promptly. The food choices were good, even for vegetarians, prices reasonable and I would certainly visit again.

Bradford, United Kingdom
“poor”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I visited this café and wish that I had not bothered the food and the service was terrible,i like old fashion food but this went beyond the vegetables were swimming in a pool of water,the sauce had come from a packet and the gravy my daughter inlaw said it tasted instant,the coffee was not great.the rest had a alcoholic beverage with the meal,which they said was okay,but then you cannot really ruin a bottle of beer,after we had our drinks served we had a long wait for the food and the people who came in after us was served before we got served,we did not complain just sat and waited for the food to arrive,i had fish and chips which was soggy,the rest had a roast dinner,the meat looked cremated,and I have already said about the veg.after we paid and went to sit outside,my little grandson wanted to go to the toilet so my daughter inlaw nipped back into the café to take him when inside she was approached by the staff and was charged 20p for the use of the loo,she said that we had already eaten there and she said she still had to pay,wont be going back there again that's for sure.

1 Thank angela k
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Good food with expensive drinks, but great service as always”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have just returned from The Grove café bar and Restaurant in Morecambe which I visited today on my day trip there today and felt that I had to review it again.

Once again I had an enjoyable lunch of an egg harlequin sandwich with a side salad with diet coke to drink, and my parents had egg and chips and sausage, egg and chips which they enjoyed, the atmosphere in the café is as awlays relaxing, the staff are very friendly especially the waitress who served us and the welcome was warm with the waitress telling us to sit anywhere we like.

Once again, thank you for a lovely lunch and looking forward to seeing you again some time.

• Visited April 2014