“fantastic meal..”

Ranked #11 of 120 Restaurants in Morecambe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

the whole experience was great. I must say Susan has made a real difference to the place. The food is great, Steak night is our favorite. The Chefs in the kitchen really make everything taste great. The only comment is sometimes the portions are a bit big but apart from that it is a lovely place. Please keep doing what you are doing. Lovely people and lovely place.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We came her for lunch and it was lovely. I had the steak baguette and side order of French fries. My husband had steak frites. My six year old had sausage and chips

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stopped eating at the Hest Bank Inn about three years ago after a couple of poor meals badly served. Having read the reports on Tripadvisor and local knowledge we decided to give it another try. What a change!!! Quality, friendliness and all at a very reasonably price. It is not a gastro or fine dining pub and has no pretensions of being so but the menu, food and attention to detail is far better than some that do have that pretension. The efficient, friendly staff and value for money make it an experience we will repeat. Yes I am sure you could find a cheaper burger, a larger plate of chips and faster service but at that quality and value for money, NEVER.

1  Thank Bloobelle
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is our local but we hadn't eaten here for a few years. My husband had the burger/chips and trimmings and I had the pork cutlet. We only had 1 drink each and the bill came to £34.50 ish. The food was well cooked there was plenty of it and we waited a reasonable amount of time. Of course the setting of this pub is lovely and it is worth paying a little over the odds for an occasional treat. The waitresses were also attentive and friendly without being pushy. I wouldn't travel great distances to eat here but feel lucky it's our local.

1  Thank JacandTez
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

6 of us visited the Hest Bank for drinks and a meal on a busy Saturday evening. We had booked in advance. I went for the Morecambe Bay shrimps to start, which never disappoint and 3 of us chose the fillet of beef with dauphinois as a main, from the specials. All were cooked differently, as requested and were well worth the very reasonable price. The pub and restaurant were very busy, but the service was good and we were well looked after. Highly recommended!