“Very disappointed ...”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Visited Morecambe again this weekend and after our nice lunch last time decided to call in The Lodge again. Will never come back. We had the special steak and onion pie. I could not prise the meat away from the crust it was hard and stuck and black. I found a stone in there as well. I don't know whether the pie was old, or whether it had been reheated in a microwave to within an inch of it's life, but it was without a shadow of a doubt, the worst pie I have ever had. And I'm from Wigan, so I've had a lot of pies!! We did not have an opportunity to tell the waitress about our lunch, as she didn't come back to the table before we went to pay, and I didn't want to make a fuss in the doorway. A pity really, as the service is still good.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Only visit for breakfast as we are just round the corner,they have great sausages the best in morecambe!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We go the café for breakfast on a Sunday quite a lot and would thoroughly recommend it.
Great service and friendly atmosphere, the breakfasts are always good and not swimming in grease like some places and the lady that owns it can't do enough for you.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Have a a few full english breakfast here and they have always been great, the place is clean the staff are pleasant, helful and efficient. Would recommend it to anyone wanting good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Went to the cafe for lunch and realised have found a great place to eat. Staff are very friendly and the home cooked food is great. Can never find room for pudding as the portions are very generous and a great price. Took the kids for lunch, they ate food from the adult menu and loved it!

1  Thank Ian H