“great venue for live music”
Review of The Platform

The Platform
Ranked #5 of 23 things to do in Morecambe
More attraction details
Owner description: The Platform is a dedicated live performance venue, uniquely situated in a restored Edwardian railway station on Morecambe promenade. A variety of entertainment is on offer throughout the year from top acts and comedians. The Platform host a variety of festivals and community events, including the Morecambe Kite Festival. The Platform is owned and managed by Lancaster City Council. Keep up to date with the latest news on Facebook or sign up to receive our e-newsletter online. Please do not confuse our entertainment venue with the Station restaurant next door.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

being a musician i attend the platform a lot. its great to see some of the great acts mainly bands playing live on the big stage. the prices are quite reasonable but i find the only thing that lets the platform down is the advertisement as i only get to find out what is on and coming up by visiting the platform, i only knew beatlemaina was on by watching a show a few weeks before! so id say the council may want to put more effort into advertising the platform to increase revenue, i also really enjoyed the beatlemania band my only moan is the beer is expensive and my show was spoilt by the rude bar lady who was having a conversation and was nasty to me when i asked her if she would serve me which ruined my whole evening.

There are newer reviews for The Platform

Reviewed 7 September 2013

If you get the chance- see Paul Hayes and his band- great work Golly and co. I have never been disappointed with music at this venue

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Generally it makes a Saturday evening different from going to the pub. Singing, entertainment, music are mostly provided and it is well worth it for an evening out.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I applaud the people that run the place and the calibe of some
off the acts,but for me the acoustics,seating and general layout
off the theatre does not do it for me as the the premier show theatre in town.I have attended a few shows/acts and am happy
with the prices.

1  Thank David2603_13
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Venue for past it acts that can't get decent places to perform or no longer have a great fan base,I visited when some open day was on full of the elderly and stank of pee..