“Nice Greek Meal”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We arrived late Friday evening and had a quick look on trip advisor for places to eat as allot of places stop serving food at 21:00. Luckily we found The Brasserie, it was a great choice. We had the sharing platter to start with and we cleaned it! The houmous was creamy and tasty and the gigantes were our favourite. For my main I had the Kleftiko and could not fault it. My roast potatoes tasted like lamb and the lamb itself was very tender and tasty. My fiancé had the Pasticcio which I tasted and it was also very tasty, not something we have had before and will defiantly have it again and try and make it ourselves. The starters and mains were so good we had to finish with desert! I had the Baklava which did not disappoint and he had the Galaktoboureko which was very fragrant. The restaurant is small but big enough for a nice and cosy atmosphere, the food is good and the owner is very friendly! He came to see all the tables and have a chat about the food and whatever you wanted really. You did not feel rushed to leave either. The price was good, we both had 3 courses and a couple of drinks and it was under £50. Will go back if we were in the area.

8rasserie, Owner at The Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Bookie W,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted could accommodate you and you have had a great meal experience. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Morecambe, Lancashire
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This place is surprisingly still relatively unknown by locals, and that deserves to change. The food, decor, atmosphere and chef are exceptional. We went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and immediately booked again to take some friends. There are only 7 tables, so you really need to book but that also means you get a very personal service. They have simply got it all right!!!

Hi. Thank you for your review. We are really excited about bringing the tastes of Greece to Morecambe and we are delighted when our customers as yourselves have had a great time. We look forward to welcoming you bak.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

After my last trip to this restaurant I could not wait to get back and have some more Souvalaki wrapped in pitta.

This time I had it for a starter, and the Keleftiko (I think thats how it is spelt) for main course, and Baklava for dessert. The food was once again excellent, the restaurant was full, and it was obvious that I am not on my own in discovering this hidden gem!!!

The owners, who both work there, are obviously very passionate about their food, and the fact that they are wanting to keep the dining experience as authenticly Greek as possible. Which is a stark contrast to the generic Greek chains which spinkle Feta over anything to make it 'Greek' and then charge a fortune of the priveldge.

This family run restaurant is fantastic and I highly recommend you visit.

Dear Nicholas C,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure welcoming you and your family back and we are delighted you have had another great time. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Husband & I dined tonight at a relatively new restaurant - opened in January 2014. A beautiful Greek meal, well cooked, served perfectly - hot & tasting perfect. Very pleased with both our meals. The wine was good and not too expensive (not like some other restaurants). would definitely recommend this place but would suggest you book early as there are not many tables and it is good so is popular (for dinner)

Lazarus C, Owner at The Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear starwell,

Thank you for your time and review.It was lovely meeting you. We are delighted you and your husband have had a great meal experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very friendly and welcoming and very good food at a reasonable price and all freshly cooked. The owner/chef enquired if we are/have enjoyed our meal, nice personal touch. Good to have a nice Greek restaurant in Morecambe.

8rasserie, Owner at The Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Darren207, thank you for your time and review. We are delighted you have had an enjoyable experience. We pride ourselves in the freshness of our food. I personally enjoy interacting with our guests and we welcome all feedback, positive or constructive. We look forward to welcoming you back.