“great but no rossini”

Blue Mountain Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Morecambe
Price range: US$25 - US$55
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

firstly,do not be afraid,i ordered tournedos rossini as did my mrs,which is a classic french dish of fillet of beef served on a large crouton,topped with fois gras and finished with a madeira sauce,a delicious shiny red/brown sauce,my favourite dish,its what i order virtually anywhere in the country that has a good name for steak.we got beef in a creamy mushroom sauce,with a little crouton on top,no fois gras,now,before you say,send it back,complain,why didnt you raise hell,tbh,i was having such a damn good time i couldn't be bothered.the steak was the size of my fist,it was cooked rare/medium,the place was packed,the staff were fantastic,and everybody on our table of 6 thought the food was great,vegetables were fab,chips,grand,garlic mash caught me off guard but i enjoyed it.again,6 steaks out of 6 were perfect,just a slight hiccup on the madeira sauce.incidentally,do not feel the need to fill up on breadsticks and maybe dont eat for a day or 2 before you go as the portions are huge and delicious.to the host and all his staff we thank you for a great meal in a cracking lively atmosphere.now folks get booking 'cos the place is very busy and deservedly so.(and they kindly do doggie bags)great place.oh by the way some folk said,"ooh its expensive isn't it?"..no it isn't,£21.95 for a fantastic fillet the size of a fist,with all the trimmings.ok i'm gonna shut up now.

2  Thank Eric B

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant on numerous occasions and have never been dissatisfied with both the quality and quantity of the food. I have also received nothing but the best of service.The steaks are in my opinion the best in the immediate locality. I will being going again and would not hesitate in recommending this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

It was pointed out to us we arrived 10 minutes early. Ordered the drinks and ready to order our food at the same time but was told the food order could not be taken as a table of six was before us. Starters arrived one hour later. Morecambe bay shrimps, can't go wrong there and average tasting vegetable soup. Main course steak was enjoyable, if lacking a little flavour. The chicken breast in stilton was returned because it was inedible, solid and bland. The replacement was slightly better as it was cut into two. The cooking method is baffling, no browning, colour or flavour. When asked by the owner if it was alright he was taken aback by my disappointment. At this point the pleasant banter stopped and it was clear we shouldn't criticize the chef.

4  Thank alistair m
Krissykent, Owner at Blue Mountain Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I'am sorry we upset you but I do remember you,
You arrived more like fifteen minutes early and you was taken to your table and given some menus and ask if you would like a drink order by the time you got your drink which was only a few minutes you asked to order your meal but because there was a table of six already waiting to order who arrived on time I explained to you that we have to take there order first as you were early

(When customers book a table at a set time say 7.30 by the time they have a drink look at the menu which has over twenty starter and over forty main courses they are normally ready to order in about fifteen to twenty minutes as most of our customers know we are restaurant where you come and relax and enjoy your food)

So I think you got upset from the start so from there we could not have done any think to please you so you complained about your chicken dish you did not say at the time it was bland and tasteless you complained that it was tough so we cooked you a complete fresh meal so that you would not have to wait to long the chef spliced the chicken in two so it would cook quicker

when I cleared you plates i notice you did not eat a lot of your chicken so I asked you if it was ok your reply to me was that half of it was ok but the other half was tough then I explained to you that that the chef had spliced one chicken Brest in half and cooked them in the same pan so I could not understand why one half was not tough but not the other one, so at that point I knew I was in a no win situation, when I came back from the kitchen after taking your plates away you had gone and your husband was at the bar waiting for his bill so when I gave him the bill I apologised to him and he said his steak was great.
so if you want to use this site to complain please tell the whole story.
(Please read our other reviews and make up your own mind about this review )

Reviewed 23 May 2014

been to this\restaurant many many times and it has always been excellent lovely atmosphere fantastic food ive never had anything to complain about here would recommend to anyone

1  Thank 12hig3
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A well cooked,lovely meal here.The steak was enormous! Definitely the best steakhouse around Morecambe/Lancaster

1  Thank gigglinggoat