“Another good visit”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Another good visit”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Met up with a group of friends for a drink and catch up
Good value and good choice of drinks as always
Nice clean toilets and facilities , with ample seating for a group
to meet up and with no loud music to compete against a
good place for a chat and socialise without costing too much
Well done Wetherspoons

• Visited May 2014

Oldham, United Kingdom
“Friendly and reasonable food.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

It was a wetherspoons so not much more to say....it was fair food for a fair price. It came hot and well cooked and the service was good. This by the way is morecambe not lancaster.

Visited May 2014
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Drinks not bad, but forget the food”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

When this establishment first opened (and it wasn't that long ago), the food was not bad at all and about average for a Wetherspoons. The drinks are good value and if you've been to other establishments owned by the chain beforehand, this is exactly what you get.

However, in recent years the standard of food has dropped considerably. Visiting today is what really prompted me to write a review, as I honestly feel the quality control is virtually non-existent. For the record, I had a beef burger and beer meal deal.

The food only ever feels warm and not 'hot' as it should be. The presentation is unacceptable and looks thrown together in a rush (e.g. the top of my burger was on my chips). The portion sizes are also getting smaller and to add insult to injury, they are even cutting back on side dips like salsa, where I received 1/5 of the small pot size - enough for a few dunks. I only had to assume that this pathetic sized dip was second hand and taken from a left over plate that had recently been cleared.

Not only this, the food tastes uninspiring, like it's just been thrown into a microwave. On the plus side, this pub has recently moved into the 21st Century by adding condiment baskets onto the tables, but this can't hide the fact the food needs a serious looking at by regional management.

Now, despite some other comments, the Wetherspoons pubs in Lancaster tend to be better quality and service is usually with a smile. You won't get these luxuries in Morecambe I'm afraid. More likely you'll be treated like an inconvenience.

• Visited April 2014
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Good Pub Grub”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had the Sunday club Roast (£7.09 including a drink), and my husband had Gammon steak, it was very nice and reasonably priced. We stayed in the Travelodge which is on the same road which was very convenient. Overall good food and service.

Visited April 2014
“Disappointing and inflexible response to company policy”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I entered this establishment to order some food and a pint of beer for me. We waited at the bar for a moment or two and were approached by a man who was about to take our order when he realised that my wife was eating a half eaten ice cream cone which we had bought from another establishment outside weather spoons. He told her in no uncertain terms that she could not eat the ice cream in wetherspoons as the company policy said that food bought outside cannot be eaten inside the restaurant and I can understand why; weather spoons make their money from food, rather than beer BUT
Company policy is one thing, common sense should be another. This was a half eaten ice cream! It wasn't a bag of fish and chips or a sandwich or a picnic hamper It was a half eaten ice cream cone!
So, we left and Wetherspoons did not get our food order or our beverages order either. Perhaps the manager should reconsider the policy and advise his staff that common sense should be exercised when they see people eating ice cream cones!