Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel
US$59
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central(Newcastle-under-Lyme)(Great Value!)
US$48
Agoda.com
Borough Arms Hotel(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
US$76
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
US$89
US$48
Crewe Hall(Crewe)
US$135
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$70
Priceline
1,136 results
All reviewsspiral staircasemain buildingcentury manorbeautiful buildingsteeped in historymanor houselots of charactersandwichesoverlooking the lakeopen firefour postersat navlovely hotellovely settingexcellent value for moneyafternoon teanight break
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have stayed at the Mercure Telford Madeley Court hotel twice and really really enjoyed it
Staff are very friendly and helpful and they really look after the guests.
We stayed in a feature bedroom which was oldy worldy with a huge bed, stone wall features and overlooking the lake. We liked the room so much we requested it again for our second visit.
The food in the restaurant is beautiful, both myself and my husband ordered the same meals on the second visit and they were just as good the second time. We stayed on the all inclusive offer for 2 nights. This includes breakfast, light lunch and a 2 course evening meal, unlimited tea and coffee throughout the day and selected alcoholic drinks from 7-11pm.
A visit to iron bridge is a must! Beautiful views and lovely little shops.
Looking forward to returning hopefully soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bubblegum83
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review and your high praise for the hotel following your recent stay at Madeley Court. I am grateful for your comments, particularly for my team, and I hope it won't be too long before your third visit to us.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here with a family party of 10 people in 4 rooms over the weekend. Really nice historic old building with bags of character. Staff were very well trained and engaging, service was great. Quality of food very good and well presented. We had a large family dinner for 14 people on Sunday night when some other family members joined us, the service and quality was really great for such a big party. Would recommend and will return.

Room Tip: Room 50 is very large with loads of character, you won't be disappointed with this one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your review following your party's recent stay with us at Madeley Court. It is great to hear that you were well looked after and I am grateful for your recommendation for the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We went to the Madeley Court Hotel with our group of classic cars. We were made very welcome. The hotel is delightful and in a very secluded situation. The staff were most attentive and courteous and the food was superb. We were fortunate to be able to dine privately. The bedrooms were very well appointed and had a lovely outlook on to the lake. Altogether a very enjoyable experience and we will be back!

Room Tip: Go for a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks and I am delighted that your recent classic car rally was a success. I do appreciate your praise for Madeley Court, in particular the attentiveness of my team.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is in a lovely old manor house and the grounds are very nice. Check-in wasn't brilliant, the receptionist was very busy and on the phone so despite being the only ones there we had to wait several minutes before we received any service at all. The room was okay, but a little dusty, one of the bedside lights was not working so we had to pull out the bed to plug it in. Behind the bed was dirty which was not very nice for us. We tried to have a snack to eat in the bar but failed due to no barman, we did find him at one point and managed to get a drink but he disappeared again and after waiting 10 minutes for him to reappear we gave up. Overall it appeared they were understaffed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband booked this hotel via an Expedia deal and paid around £65 for the Saturday evening stay. It is a lovely building in nice grounds. Our room (no 19) was ok, but was quite small. There was a couple of things we weren't happy with - one of the wall light was coming away from the wall and one of the handles on the dressing table drawer was missing. Also, there is a skylight in the bathroom, which is quite high up and there was mould on the walls around this window, not good! We ate In the lovely restaurant and really enjoyed our meal and the staff were all very nice. The buffet Breakfast was also good, nice and hot and plenty to choose from. I did notice that some of the waitresses aprons that they wore we're not clean, there's no excuse for that. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and we did tell the receptionist about the mould in the bathroom, which she put in the Janitors work book. I don't think we would rush back though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mollybellle
General M, General Manager at Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for review and for your very favourable comments for my team and the restaurant. I know that my Food and Beverage Manager has acted upon your observation on uniform presentation. I am sorry for the issues with your bedroom which I can advise have been acted upon. If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Anthony Meadows.