“Slow Service and Average Food”
Review of The Priory

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Priory
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Madeley
Reviewed 19 April 2013

On my visit to the hotel I chose to eat in the restaurant.

It took a while for someone to take my drink / food order, there didn't seem to be any plan of covers on tables as I was approached by someone different each time.

25 minutes after I ordered my food arrived however my drink still had not arrived and I had to ask for it two more times.

I had pate to start with which was quite good, followed by Piri Piri chicken which I found to be just okay.

the bill came to just under £30 which I didn't think was value for money.

One or two visits were okay but I wouldn't choose to go back.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

My Wife and our friends visited for Afternoon Tea on 28.12.12.

Although we were fortunate to have a voucher deal we would gladly have paid double for this excellent FEAST.

On arriving we were greeted by a charming young lady with a SMILE.

We were then shown through to a cosy & comfortable lounge area by a very personable young man who attended to our every need.

The food was just AMAZING ( sandwiches / cakes / scones ) with abundant Tea / Coffee.

The hotel is a little tired in places but this only adds to its considerable charm.

Would rate as follows.

Staff - 10/10

Service - 10/10

Value - 10/10

Comfort - 10/10

All in all EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 26 December 2012

The Food in the restaurant at Madley is just wonderful - and the staff listen - and if you don't want mayo - you don't get mayo - simple

Reviewed 20 September 2012

The hotel is very nice but the quality of the afternoon tea is very poor for £15.
Having had afternoon tea at lots of hotels this was by far the worse and not displayed in an appealing way and the sandwiches were dry and only a slice of lemon cake and scone. I did complain but the reply was the same poor. if you want afternoon tea i suggest you go into Ironbridge and frequent one of the many hotels, cafes and restaurants whose wares are by far superior and much less costly.