“Commuter Heaven”
Review of Stable Cottage

Stable Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sevenoaks
Stable Cottage
Ranked #1 of 12 Sevenoaks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I needed a place to stay for a week test driving the London commute from Sevenoaks. Austen's Cottage is an excellent location, 10 minutes from the mainline station and a stone's throw from the town centre. We were treated as very special guests and the service was impeccable. We would thoroughly recommend. Bill and Ronnie's breakfast is a real tour de force. If you need to stay in Sevenoaks, stay at Austen's Cottage, it won't disappoint.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I needed somewhere to stay within walking distance of the Sevenoaks pubs and eateries…

A friend from Sevenoaks school recommended Austens; only a 2 minute walk and a beautiful property tucked away down a private, quiet and leafy road.

The house was beautifully dressed with interesting ornaments and wonderful art work and hosts Ronnie and Bill afforded me a very friendly welcome.

Bill reminded me of my piano teacher from the Royal Academy of Music; affable indeed… and additionally, made a great cooked breakfast.

I shall look forward to booking again anytime I need to crash over in Sevenoaks!

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was in pristine condition and had a very cool 'walk-in' shower and a hu...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I love Austen Cottage. Bill and Ronnie are wonderful hosts and treat guests like real family members. A very relaxing B&B which I can only highly recommend. The rooms are very comfortable with great bathrooms. The breakfast is great and delicious. The vicinity of Sevenoaks (literally 3 minutes walk) is a real advantage as well as the charming and quiet surroundings. Love the place and the hosts.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Bill and Ronnie took care of us like family. A deluxe room with bath and a great English Breakfast. And they drove us to Chartwell on a rainy day and to the train station on the way out two days later. So delightful and close walking distance to the charming town and to Knole Castle. Would we go back? In a heartbeat. Its the best in the area !!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scottvirginia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night at Austens. Despite arriving late, we were warmly welcomed by Bill and Ronnie. The double room is very comfortable, I slept very well! Breakfast was served in the hall and was delightful. The setting is so relaxing it makes for a lovely stay when combined with such friendly helpful hosts.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Loved this B&B. So much better than any of the hotels in the area that we have stayed at before. I travelled with my 4yr old daughter and my sister, and the room was perfect, with a lovely modern on-suite. Charming house in a nice quiet secluded location but still convenient enough that you can stroll into Sevenoaks town. Bill and Ronnie are the most warm and friendly owners you will ever come across. I highly recommend a stay to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My daughter & I stayed only 1 night at Austen's Cottage (visiting The Sevenoaks School the next day) and we were delighted with our find. The hosts, Bill & Ronnie, obviously took great pride in keeping this a warm and cozy place away from home for their visitors. Our room was well appointed with really comfortable bedding and an upgraded bathroom. The location is a short walk from the town centre where the shops and restaurants were. Hosts served a lovely full English breakfast the next morning while we had the company of another couple from the United States. Highly recommended and would definitely stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WhiteRose90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevenoaks
Donnington Manor Hotel
7 Hotel Diner
#1 of 1 in Halstead
Best Western Plus Hever Hotel
Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge

Been to Stable Cottage? Share your experiences!