“big thanks”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Sevenoaks
Los Angeles, California
“big thanks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I read many reviews , about this hotel before I booked . I just wanted a cheap room for one night
then I decided to pick this one. I thought its gonna be 1 night only i will survive somehow.
When I arrived the man at the recepcion was very kind and helpfull for 3 pounds he sorted a car space for me for overnight, I got a nice room they helped me out making some dinner for myself .
Offered some breakfast in the morning but I was already late from a meeting I had to refuse the breakfast. I had a very good experience in this hotel !!!
Thank you !!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Devizes, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Wish I had paid a bit more and stayed elsewhere.
Have stayed in better places.
Room small; shower cool.
Unable to use my electric shaver because the shaver socket was blocked off.
How tight-fisted can you get?
Breakfast would have been extra. Bed and breakfast should mean breakfast included.
And £6 to park........
My suggestion: find another hotel.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jayblade
Olalla, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

In 2011 I took my eleven year old daughter to England so that she could meet my side of the family and I booked on line at the Moorings Hotel in Sevenoaks Kent as this was my home town.
I Cannot stress enough to stay away from this hotel! The room was in the "Garden" which consisted of a patch of green with a wooden table and bench, the room was dim and the bathroom was scary-my daughters words-, everything looked dingy. One night I called the desk to ask if they had a vcr so that we could watch movies as they only had the standard three channels, the clerk asked me what kind of movies I wanted to watch, and I said Disney type stuff...he then asked me if I wanted some dirty movies to watch and he would be glad to bring them to me!!! I told him that I had my 11 yr old daughter with me and I was NOT interested in any X rated movies and that I would be getting DISNEY myself from the store. I informed them that we would NOT be staying the five days that we booked, they had taken all the money for the room and would not return it until after they could see if they could rent out the room to another person, and that I would be charged the full five days unless they could, even though I had given them two days notice as required. I had to answer some very personal questions as to why I was leaving, and in the end I told them that I had an emergency at home in the States and had to return. They required me to give them a number that I could be reached at in a few days, which I did. They proceeded to call me and ask me what time it was in the States as they were checking to see if I had returned and in fact left the country, and to inform me that I would be getting partial payment back as my room had not been rented they were charging me full price for it for two of the five days we had booked.
All in all it was a very sad homecoming for myself and experience for my daughter. I really felt that they were scamming me as our neighbors were construction workers and very loud with bad language, and they were paying far less per night than I was, I understand that they were getting the deal as there was several of them...even so, I had booked in advance online and paid my deposit way ahead of time.
My best advise to all travelers heading to that area...STAY AWAY FROM THE MOORINGS HOTEL. YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 76cherryl
Chorleywood, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stayed in this place for a friend's wedding and it really was not pleasant at all
The room was not clean and the bed had crumbs in it - the man on reception was rude and the other guests were pretty unsavoury looking
Also had to pay extra for the parking and breakfast

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
coventry
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Good location - about a minute walk from sevenoaks train station. Very basic single room. You also have to pay to park! Payed £5 extra for breakkfast one morning which was good value but a bit greasy. Central heating system made alot of noise especially during the night. You have to pay for internet access, staff were friendly enough

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! I booked a friend of mine in to this hotel for a week and paid £3 a day extra for car parking. Do not pay for car parking, there are no spaces as all the parking is sold out as station parking and hotel guests cannot park even if they have paid for a space! Told to wait for people to leave ....wait where exactly ?

Man behind the front desk was rude, abusive and when I complained on the phone he hung up on me. Have since sent emails asking for a refund, no response....

Very poor and lacking common decency.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike B
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

Everything we needed in a home base without an exorbitant price tag. Good clean warm room, effective bathroom, friendly service, nice breakfast etc. We had intended to move on, but extended twice as it was so comfortable to come home to.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevenoaks
Best Western Plus Donnington Manor Hotel
7 Hotel Diner
7 Hotel Diner
#1 of 1 in Halstead
Premier Inn Tonbridge North Hotel

Been to The Moorings Hotel? Share your experiences!